View Single Post
Unread 02-09-2014, 04:09 PM
lllllllllllll
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

What Where You Doing Before Letsbeef?
See what your fellow members gotta say.

Agonize
I first got into battle rap because an old friend of mine was roomates with Jimmy Da Loch in college. Started watching some of his battles on Grindtime. Continued watching battles online and had some personal favorite battlers. Being a white (half) Jewish kid who loved rap I immediately identified with Soul Khan. He became one of my favorite battlers and when he transitioned into making music I followed his career fairly closely. A few years ago Soul was booked to play at a bar that one of my friends is co-owner of. This happened to be the weekend of my birthday. My girlfriend, myself, and a group of friends went to the show and had a blast. It was a small venue and Soul and Akie Bermiss were hangin around the bar and at their merch table. When they went on and were a few songs in (Actually at the end of performing Soulstice 3, if I remember correctly) Soul shouts me out by name and wishes me a happy birthday (GF must have mentioned it to him before they went on). It was dope as fuck to say the least. After the show we hung out and chatted for a while. That whole interaction sparked me going back to peep a bunch of his battles. I decided that was something I might want to fuck around with too. I had written poetry and short stories in the past and figured I could transition. I had also been listening to rap for years and was the type to freestyle in the car or with a couple of friends who could sort of do it, so the components were all there. I think I googled "online battle rap" or something and initially ended up on a site called Illest Rhymes. People there generally sucked and the mods had abandoned the site months prior to me discovering it. After fucking around there for a few weeks someone came in and dropped a link to LetsBeef in the chatbox. I checked it out and at first actually wasn't feeling it. It didn't seem easily navigable at first and I left after making an account. I went back to IR but because of the lack of talent over there eventually decided to give LB another shot. I came on, dropped an open and I think won my first battle. Watching those votes roll in and getting feedback on bars was really satisfying and what kept me here. Now It seems I have hit a bit of a rut. I am kind of plateauing in this upper mid tier of battlers and that was discouraging, but only to an extent. Text battling wasn't really what I had in mind initially so I went on amazon and bought a mic. AC's and LOD were in the middle of a bit of a track war with M-Rock pretty much single handedly holding it down for us. I decided to get my feet wet and made a lil diss track at LoD. First track I ever attempted to make, and the feedback was really positive. I had established guys here like BLNK giving me compliments and saying they were surprised at what I could do. This one dude named Punk even asked me to do a track with him (I think he's supposed to be pretty dope on the track side). So thats where I am now, transitioning into the audio side. I think I can have a good LB career once I fully throw myself into making tracks. Then its just a short ride to the HOF. See you there.

EMDUB - Coming Soon

Home Fries/Thug
As in before i joined LB? I used to write poetry for my english class,then one dude in my school introduced me to goldmic,i joined that site but left within 2 weeks as i started losing battles,that was back in 2008 when i was 10,then i took a break and started listening to eminem,joined a lot of eminem fan groups where i had some battles with others..Then i joined this site called virtualverses. It was a pretty good site but unfortunately,it crashed..thats what i did before joining letsbeef.

Lockhart
I wasn't rapping at all before LB LOL. I just watched rap battles off and on, but then I decided it would be cool if I tried it, so I found this place, and I've been doing this ever since.

LOGiKK
Before LB, I was usually into playing basketball, alot.. It was really all I did hahah. I never really got into the rap battle world, or even really thought much about it. I'd see some of my friends at school playing around, dissing each other, freestyling and all but I never could really picture myself doing it. I was more into sports, particularly basketball. I played for a local YMCA when I was six, up to high-school. When I got to around 10th grade (I'm only 20 btw..) I started smokin bud alot, haha. It kind of made me sway away from being a pointgaurd, I would have rather sat at the crib and watched T.V. like some lazy ass, or mess around listening to music on my computer. I was more of the quiet kid in school.. I always chilled with the..'Cool' kids but I wasn't ever really the guy to start a conversation with someone, or carry one on. I met my friend Felix, a good buddy of mine who was always freestyling (he sucked, none the less..) and saying "Yo you hear that man?!" everytime we would smoke. I'd tell him he sucked an he'd get all shitty saying how he's better than I'd ever be if I would ever try, an how I loved hiphop, but i wouldnt ever make music myself.. So one day after I got done chillin with him, he left and I went to go hop on the computer and had his comment stuck in my head, it actually bothered me more than it should have. Being stoned an all, I thought: "I wonder if there's a website where people rap battle on video" I figured I'd show Felix how shitty he was compared to others. I found LB, it looked like exactly what i was wanting to find from reading the short info. on the google link. So I clicked it, came here, noticed there was audio and text both. I quickly got the idea to start writing text battles so I could do it in my own privacy and no one would know the difference. It didnt stick though, I seen how multi's were capitalized, i didnt understand why or anything I just quickly left the site. About 5 months ago, maybe 6 now, I gained a interest in more aggressive hip hop (not that i was a Nelly fan or someshit) so I began watching youtube videos, and i admired the passion from being able to express yourself like they were. Long story short.. since my fingers are tired.. It reminded me of LB how you can say what you want to (almost..) whoever you want. I decided to come back, studied the logic of the site (pun intended) and I've been hooked ever since. But you wouldnt notice I was addicted, i mean.. its not like I'm on here 24/7 on the weekends, and if i'm not sleeping or working, Catch that sarcasm? Hahah.

Manhattan
Before LB I was a gamer and was on sites like NGU and shit like that. Took that gaming shit pretty serious and was in some of the Major League Gaming tournaments. I haven't even signed on to Playstation or Xbox in over a year now. I had been writing bars since I was a bit younger but I came to LB after hearing a battle rapper make fun of Concieted for battling on letsbeef. There isn't much that I used to do before LB that I don't still do like sports, chilling w/ the gf/ the crew, school, work and shit

M U G G Z
before LB i was a young buck in cyphas with my big bros doin small shows... The group was Called PZ.. Planet ZorOn. jumped on different sites like Homegrown Hip Hop Zone.. Sethros... Davey D's.... Goldmic.. then I found LB in Nov of 06, Joined Apoc.. which is a text crew.. Had the infamous battle with Danger Rich... Then joined the UNION. Met Stotty P. We started Beef Radio. interviewed Tha Duke, Real Talk, D Rich, Florida 44. Tipsy Slizzard. Union fell apart.. we started Supreme Regime. I dropped a solo mixtape called "Shotz Fired" which is still on Dat Piff. ft. Willy Grubbz, DRich, Mac G, Stotty P, Cee Steezee, ahhh. alot of catts. 12 0f the 17 tracks was #1 on Lb at diff times. then i took a break. got a real job.. kid. yrs past.. i came back to all you new fuckers..lol and titles... which wasnt in place when i was around. now im the old head tryn to keep LB going... i donate, host/promote battles... update my voters thread.. sponsor tourneys... and now have a segment on LB Radio....whew!

Nicholas
Well, I joined LB back in 06 when I was 12 years old. I was in school and I had just watched 8 mile with a friend we were inspired and spent the rest of the night writing raps on paper. That was all it came to for him. At the time and at my age we were into an online game called Habbo Hotel. I would join "Rap Battle Rooms" to participate and was hooked to it. After a while I got bored of sitting around waiting for these rooms to open so I did a google search for a website to rap on. I found Letsbeef and have been on it ever since. I've grown up on LB hahaha 06 - 14'

Punk
Before LB, I use to always play games on this site called pogo.com & they had this little chat thing ya use when ya play the games. My name was like Lil money or something lame lol but that's when i first started talking to people online. I was like.. maybe 12 or something. I never made friends haha so i just trolled the chat with like 15 people attacking me at the same time. I did have a few homies that would play the same game like everyday. It was called "All-Star Football". I use to play that damn game so much man. Probably the best game on the site. But that's where i spent most of my time.. If not on there, I'm outside being a bad ass with my friends tranna look cool and shit. I found LB after google searching a bunch of random shit lol. And every since then, this been my favorite site.

stricc - Coming Soon

Subreal
Before Letsbeef I was just chilling not doing much. I was in High school when i joined and i had a job but now i'm just in college. I've listened to rap music before but not really rap battles before letsbeef. I came to letsbeef one day by just googling rap battle online or some shit. I decided to get into rapping myself randomly, i don't really know what sparked my interest. But before letsbeef I never really watched any rap battle live events such as grind time, etc. on youtube. I might do audio battles and tracks in the future, but i don't plan to make a career out of it or anything. LB is a fun hobby tho, and rap battling drives the competitive part of me. So yeah basically I go to school, chill with friends, and Letsbeef is my main hobby.

UhMAZING
in 1996 I started having a large interest in Rap music, I would listen to all the Greats..like: 2pac, Big L, Canibus, Eminem, Big Pun, etc. After listeing to a lot of rap music and concentrating on the lyrics of the songs..and started thinking to myself I could do that too. So I started writing lyrics, I wouldn't really call them songs because the majority of them didn't contain hooks or chorus' but instead just straight bars. Needless to say starting out they probably wasn't so great. After a couple years in around 1998 or 1999, I stopped writing things for the most part and just relied on my brain and a quicc train of thought. At that moment I began freestyling more than anything..I would just think of things that rhymed in my head constantly, and just began saying them outloud. At first they was mostly mono syllables and what not until I felt comfortable enough to bring bigger words to the table. After reading dictionaries, thesaurus'..etc..anything that I could learn from..I started putting what I had learned to use and started spitting more complex schemes with a bigger vocabulary. Every since then, around 2000, All I've done is freestyle and just working on elevating with that. I just to have a group of friends in High school that all we would do is stand in a circle and start freestyle cyphers and keep it going around until one of us messed up and then they was out. The last person that was out of the circle was always considered the best. Which happen to be me most of the time. (after I got the hang of being able to think of multiple rhymes at the same time I'm speaking) Currently I'm taking a short break from freestyling to focus more on writing again to learn proper structure of a written format.

UnEtHiCaL
Because I was 14 and probably didn't have much going on except fingering young teenage girls at underage discos (not much has changed) I'll talk about my internet life. I was running a rap battle page on Bebo (THE RAP BATTLERz, check it out!) and chatting up fake accounts and hoping they would send me pictures of their vaginas, they never did

WarSand
maaan i used to be out in the streets, trappin with the nigga TB n shit. he used to host these lil freestyle battles on the corner n' he would always lay down some dope ass...ringtone for niggas to spit to. he put me on like a muhfucka tho. i remember we was in the laundromat he was layin down a...ringtone n' i was spittin some heat then a lady came up to us askin if we rapped. i was like yea, she asked to hear somethin so TB went god-style n put on this amazing...ringtone n i was freein,, 30 secs in she gave us her card n said studio time was free for us. im like "deeeyumm TB! i think she was diggin ya shit!" TB was hella happy. the nigga put on a jolly ass...ringtone n we started dancing.

Last edited by lllllllllllll; 02-10-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Unread 02-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #3

lllllllllllll

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

What Where You Doing Before Letsbeef?
See what your fellow members gotta say.

Agonize
I first got into battle rap because an old friend of mine was roomates with Jimmy Da Loch in college. Started watching some of his battles on Grindtime. Continued watching battles online and had some personal favorite battlers. Being a white (half) Jewish kid who loved rap I immediately identified with Soul Khan. He became one of my favorite battlers and when he transitioned into making music I followed his career fairly closely. A few years ago Soul was booked to play at a bar that one of my friends is co-owner of. This happened to be the weekend of my birthday. My girlfriend, myself, and a group of friends went to the show and had a blast. It was a small venue and Soul and Akie Bermiss were hangin around the bar and at their merch table. When they went on and were a few songs in (Actually at the end of performing Soulstice 3, if I remember correctly) Soul shouts me out by name and wishes me a happy birthday (GF must have mentioned it to him before they went on). It was dope as fuck to say the least. After the show we hung out and chatted for a while. That whole interaction sparked me going back to peep a bunch of his battles. I decided that was something I might want to fuck around with too. I had written poetry and short stories in the past and figured I could transition. I had also been listening to rap for years and was the type to freestyle in the car or with a couple of friends who could sort of do it, so the components were all there. I think I googled "online battle rap" or something and initially ended up on a site called Illest Rhymes. People there generally sucked and the mods had abandoned the site months prior to me discovering it. After fucking around there for a few weeks someone came in and dropped a link to LetsBeef in the chatbox. I checked it out and at first actually wasn't feeling it. It didn't seem easily navigable at first and I left after making an account. I went back to IR but because of the lack of talent over there eventually decided to give LB another shot. I came on, dropped an open and I think won my first battle. Watching those votes roll in and getting feedback on bars was really satisfying and what kept me here. Now It seems I have hit a bit of a rut. I am kind of plateauing in this upper mid tier of battlers and that was discouraging, but only to an extent. Text battling wasn't really what I had in mind initially so I went on amazon and bought a mic. AC's and LOD were in the middle of a bit of a track war with M-Rock pretty much single handedly holding it down for us. I decided to get my feet wet and made a lil diss track at LoD. First track I ever attempted to make, and the feedback was really positive. I had established guys here like BLNK giving me compliments and saying they were surprised at what I could do. This one dude named Punk even asked me to do a track with him (I think he's supposed to be pretty dope on the track side). So thats where I am now, transitioning into the audio side. I think I can have a good LB career once I fully throw myself into making tracks. Then its just a short ride to the HOF. See you there.

EMDUB - Coming Soon

Home Fries/Thug
As in before i joined LB? I used to write poetry for my english class,then one dude in my school introduced me to goldmic,i joined that site but left within 2 weeks as i started losing battles,that was back in 2008 when i was 10,then i took a break and started listening to eminem,joined a lot of eminem fan groups where i had some battles with others..Then i joined this site called virtualverses. It was a pretty good site but unfortunately,it crashed..thats what i did before joining letsbeef.

Lockhart
I wasn't rapping at all before LB LOL. I just watched rap battles off and on, but then I decided it would be cool if I tried it, so I found this place, and I've been doing this ever since.

LOGiKK
Before LB, I was usually into playing basketball, alot.. It was really all I did hahah. I never really got into the rap battle world, or even really thought much about it. I'd see some of my friends at school playing around, dissing each other, freestyling and all but I never could really picture myself doing it. I was more into sports, particularly basketball. I played for a local YMCA when I was six, up to high-school. When I got to around 10th grade (I'm only 20 btw..) I started smokin bud alot, haha. It kind of made me sway away from being a pointgaurd, I would have rather sat at the crib and watched T.V. like some lazy ass, or mess around listening to music on my computer. I was more of the quiet kid in school.. I always chilled with the..'Cool' kids but I wasn't ever really the guy to start a conversation with someone, or carry one on. I met my friend Felix, a good buddy of mine who was always freestyling (he sucked, none the less..) and saying "Yo you hear that man?!" everytime we would smoke. I'd tell him he sucked an he'd get all shitty saying how he's better than I'd ever be if I would ever try, an how I loved hiphop, but i wouldnt ever make music myself.. So one day after I got done chillin with him, he left and I went to go hop on the computer and had his comment stuck in my head, it actually bothered me more than it should have. Being stoned an all, I thought: "I wonder if there's a website where people rap battle on video" I figured I'd show Felix how shitty he was compared to others. I found LB, it looked like exactly what i was wanting to find from reading the short info. on the google link. So I clicked it, came here, noticed there was audio and text both. I quickly got the idea to start writing text battles so I could do it in my own privacy and no one would know the difference. It didnt stick though, I seen how multi's were capitalized, i didnt understand why or anything I just quickly left the site. About 5 months ago, maybe 6 now, I gained a interest in more aggressive hip hop (not that i was a Nelly fan or someshit) so I began watching youtube videos, and i admired the passion from being able to express yourself like they were. Long story short.. since my fingers are tired.. It reminded me of LB how you can say what you want to (almost..) whoever you want. I decided to come back, studied the logic of the site (pun intended) and I've been hooked ever since. But you wouldnt notice I was addicted, i mean.. its not like I'm on here 24/7 on the weekends, and if i'm not sleeping or working, Catch that sarcasm? Hahah.

Manhattan
Before LB I was a gamer and was on sites like NGU and shit like that. Took that gaming shit pretty serious and was in some of the Major League Gaming tournaments. I haven't even signed on to Playstation or Xbox in over a year now. I had been writing bars since I was a bit younger but I came to LB after hearing a battle rapper make fun of Concieted for battling on letsbeef. There isn't much that I used to do before LB that I don't still do like sports, chilling w/ the gf/ the crew, school, work and shit

M U G G Z
before LB i was a young buck in cyphas with my big bros doin small shows... The group was Called PZ.. Planet ZorOn. jumped on different sites like Homegrown Hip Hop Zone.. Sethros... Davey D's.... Goldmic.. then I found LB in Nov of 06, Joined Apoc.. which is a text crew.. Had the infamous battle with Danger Rich... Then joined the UNION. Met Stotty P. We started Beef Radio. interviewed Tha Duke, Real Talk, D Rich, Florida 44. Tipsy Slizzard. Union fell apart.. we started Supreme Regime. I dropped a solo mixtape called "Shotz Fired" which is still on Dat Piff. ft. Willy Grubbz, DRich, Mac G, Stotty P, Cee Steezee, ahhh. alot of catts. 12 0f the 17 tracks was #1 on Lb at diff times. then i took a break. got a real job.. kid. yrs past.. i came back to all you new fuckers..lol and titles... which wasnt in place when i was around. now im the old head tryn to keep LB going... i donate, host/promote battles... update my voters thread.. sponsor tourneys... and now have a segment on LB Radio....whew!

Nicholas
Well, I joined LB back in 06 when I was 12 years old. I was in school and I had just watched 8 mile with a friend we were inspired and spent the rest of the night writing raps on paper. That was all it came to for him. At the time and at my age we were into an online game called Habbo Hotel. I would join "Rap Battle Rooms" to participate and was hooked to it. After a while I got bored of sitting around waiting for these rooms to open so I did a google search for a website to rap on. I found Letsbeef and have been on it ever since. I've grown up on LB hahaha 06 - 14'

Punk
Before LB, I use to always play games on this site called pogo.com & they had this little chat thing ya use when ya play the games. My name was like Lil money or something lame lol but that's when i first started talking to people online. I was like.. maybe 12 or something. I never made friends haha so i just trolled the chat with like 15 people attacking me at the same time. I did have a few homies that would play the same game like everyday. It was called "All-Star Football". I use to play that damn game so much man. Probably the best game on the site. But that's where i spent most of my time.. If not on there, I'm outside being a bad ass with my friends tranna look cool and shit. I found LB after google searching a bunch of random shit lol. And every since then, this been my favorite site.

stricc - Coming Soon

Subreal
Before Letsbeef I was just chilling not doing much. I was in High school when i joined and i had a job but now i'm just in college. I've listened to rap music before but not really rap battles before letsbeef. I came to letsbeef one day by just googling rap battle online or some shit. I decided to get into rapping myself randomly, i don't really know what sparked my interest. But before letsbeef I never really watched any rap battle live events such as grind time, etc. on youtube. I might do audio battles and tracks in the future, but i don't plan to make a career out of it or anything. LB is a fun hobby tho, and rap battling drives the competitive part of me. So yeah basically I go to school, chill with friends, and Letsbeef is my main hobby.

UhMAZING
in 1996 I started having a large interest in Rap music, I would listen to all the Greats..like: 2pac, Big L, Canibus, Eminem, Big Pun, etc. After listeing to a lot of rap music and concentrating on the lyrics of the songs..and started thinking to myself I could do that too. So I started writing lyrics, I wouldn't really call them songs because the majority of them didn't contain hooks or chorus' but instead just straight bars. Needless to say starting out they probably wasn't so great. After a couple years in around 1998 or 1999, I stopped writing things for the most part and just relied on my brain and a quicc train of thought. At that moment I began freestyling more than anything..I would just think of things that rhymed in my head constantly, and just began saying them outloud. At first they was mostly mono syllables and what not until I felt comfortable enough to bring bigger words to the table. After reading dictionaries, thesaurus'..etc..anything that I could learn from..I started putting what I had learned to use and started spitting more complex schemes with a bigger vocabulary. Every since then, around 2000, All I've done is freestyle and just working on elevating with that. I just to have a group of friends in High school that all we would do is stand in a circle and start freestyle cyphers and keep it going around until one of us messed up and then they was out. The last person that was out of the circle was always considered the best. Which happen to be me most of the time. (after I got the hang of being able to think of multiple rhymes at the same time I'm speaking) Currently I'm taking a short break from freestyling to focus more on writing again to learn proper structure of a written format.

UnEtHiCaL
Because I was 14 and probably didn't have much going on except fingering young teenage girls at underage discos (not much has changed) I'll talk about my internet life. I was running a rap battle page on Bebo (THE RAP BATTLERz, check it out!) and chatting up fake accounts and hoping they would send me pictures of their vaginas, they never did

WarSand
maaan i used to be out in the streets, trappin with the nigga TB n shit. he used to host these lil freestyle battles on the corner n' he would always lay down some dope ass...ringtone for niggas to spit to. he put me on like a muhfucka tho. i remember we was in the laundromat he was layin down a...ringtone n' i was spittin some heat then a lady came up to us askin if we rapped. i was like yea, she asked to hear somethin so TB went god-style n put on this amazing...ringtone n i was freein,, 30 secs in she gave us her card n said studio time was free for us. im like "deeeyumm TB! i think she was diggin ya shit!" TB was hella happy. the nigga put on a jolly ass...ringtone n we started dancing.

Last edited by lllllllllllll; 02-10-2014 at 02:55 PM.