View Single Post
Unread 03-10-2020, 08:34 PM
REZN
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
Although I think the majority of battles in a concept tourney should be following the kind of concepts you’re talking about, it’s beneficial to have the other forms not centred around a specific tangible thing as well. Partly because these are often some of the most interesting battles, partly because they add variety and challenge, and partly because the concept tourney is one of the few places these forms of battle take prominence. The problem with exclusively using topics like “potato chip brands”, “TV shows” or even stuff like “board games” or “kids toys” is that there’s often a great deal of variation between countries, which realistically means that for users outside of the USA or sometimes UK, these battles often don’t make much sense because we don’t recognise the brands and names and stuff they’re based around. Something like a compliment battle, horrorcore, self-disses or whatever is to a much greater extent universally accessible to all battlers and voters.
I agree with this in part, but some of the types of battles you're listing, I wouldn't consider to be concept battles. But, rather parodies or parody battles.

Unread 03-10-2020, 08:34 PM   #12

REZN
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 1 audio / 54 text
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
Although I think the majority of battles in a concept tourney should be following the kind of concepts you’re talking about, it’s beneficial to have the other forms not centred around a specific tangible thing as well. Partly because these are often some of the most interesting battles, partly because they add variety and challenge, and partly because the concept tourney is one of the few places these forms of battle take prominence. The problem with exclusively using topics like “potato chip brands”, “TV shows” or even stuff like “board games” or “kids toys” is that there’s often a great deal of variation between countries, which realistically means that for users outside of the USA or sometimes UK, these battles often don’t make much sense because we don’t recognise the brands and names and stuff they’re based around. Something like a compliment battle, horrorcore, self-disses or whatever is to a much greater extent universally accessible to all battlers and voters.
I agree with this in part, but some of the types of battles you're listing, I wouldn't consider to be concept battles. But, rather parodies or parody battles.