View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2021, 11:51 PM
The Ghost of Freak
Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
124 Won / 135 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 29 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULE View Post
This is a list of my proposal to improve Letsbeef from an in-site context.

We know a lot of modifications need to be done as far as coding, mobile-friendly etc etc but this is strictly to improve / make the site more appealing.

1. Usertitles Deleted

So im in two minds over this point, so my proposal is one of these two options:

A) & B) are both dumb ideas, not to shit on your parade. There has been no real issue with titles. They are inconsequential bragging rights in a community that self imploded due to the toxicity of insecure, angry individuals looking to form cliques and act like ass hats in anonymity. Titles only became accumulated by certain individuals in the last few years because the overall usership of the site was down due to high school girl clique behavior and associated poor voting behavior and lack of appreciation of different styles of writing and participation.

"I think when you see 20+ people with 5 titles apiece it reduces the desire to win them. When i started on this site 5% of users had titles, now it seems like 50% do." This is only true because nobody is interested in this site anymore as it provides very little enjoyable means of participation. Keep reading and this will make more sense.

2. Reduced Tournament Schedule

I think we should strip it back to the basics. Two tournament max a year, One a Grand Championship perhaps? YES, this but make it 5: GC, Scheme, Concept, Tag Team and Topicals. This is da wae.

I think we need tournaments to become more special and unique. If you have one / two every month it gets too much. YES, just, yes.

I think one tournament a year should definitely have a cash prize. YES, the GC in Audio and Text.

3. Forum Cleanse

Ive started this discussion here: https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172808

Strip the site back, make less forums, less clutter. YES, the forums are meaningless piles of crap data that should be auto deleted after two years or less. If you are looking at 2+ year old forum posts... you gotta ask yourself why the fuck you are doing that.

4. Close the Unranked & Exclusive Battle Sections

Again, too much clutter, and never used. NAILED IT! YES, ez!

5. Audio Battles - Written Only

Freestyle battles are generally abused i find, let's make all battles officially written. Less drama that way. AS AN AUDIO-LEANING USER, I CONCUR, BUT... see next response!

6. Cypher Sections Reduced

Audio section closed (Audio cyphers are pretty much tracks right?) NO, NOT QUITE RIGHT! The audio cypher section should not just be closed, it should be transitioned into what use to be a major activity associated with the site, which was live cyphers (historically on tinychat and now fit for discord)

Text section reduced / changed. A solo most votes top 20 list, a solo most recent top 20 list. Thats it.

SURE

7. Rankings Reset

Again im a little torn about this, but i think as of Dec 31st 2021 the ranking should be frozen (and moved somewhere for prosperity *POSTERITY* (Holy shit, dude, the British invented the English language. LMAO... GOTTEM, HoF perhaps?) but ultimately reset as of Jan 1st 2022 to encourage the active members to get involved.
SURE, whatever

8. Ratings Removed on Battles & Tracks

Everyone rates every track a 10, every cypher a ten etc etc, lets get rid of them. I think an upvote / downvote system would be just as effective. UP, DOWN & MEH system

And with battles, i think you should vote for a winner only. Rating i think are redundant when an expo is already required. AGREED, and bring back FVC

9. No Title / Name Reinstation Upon Account Deletion

Simply - If you request your account is deleted, you lose the username and titles permanently. Deleting accounts is a massive issue for the site, i think we need to curb the occurrence of it as much as possible.

MEH, okay.

Perhaps signing a disclaimer upon account registration would help.

Have a think and drop your feedback on these points. There is still time to save LB, but perhaps some bold actions are needed.

1/

Last edited by The Ghost of Freak; 06-21-2021 at 11:56 PM.
Unread 06-21-2021, 11:51 PM   #17

The Ghost of Freak
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
124 Won / 135 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 29 Lost

Voted: 481 audio / 231 text
Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULE View Post
This is a list of my proposal to improve Letsbeef from an in-site context.

We know a lot of modifications need to be done as far as coding, mobile-friendly etc etc but this is strictly to improve / make the site more appealing.

1. Usertitles Deleted

So im in two minds over this point, so my proposal is one of these two options:

A) & B) are both dumb ideas, not to shit on your parade. There has been no real issue with titles. They are inconsequential bragging rights in a community that self imploded due to the toxicity of insecure, angry individuals looking to form cliques and act like ass hats in anonymity. Titles only became accumulated by certain individuals in the last few years because the overall usership of the site was down due to high school girl clique behavior and associated poor voting behavior and lack of appreciation of different styles of writing and participation.

"I think when you see 20+ people with 5 titles apiece it reduces the desire to win them. When i started on this site 5% of users had titles, now it seems like 50% do." This is only true because nobody is interested in this site anymore as it provides very little enjoyable means of participation. Keep reading and this will make more sense.

2. Reduced Tournament Schedule

I think we should strip it back to the basics. Two tournament max a year, One a Grand Championship perhaps? YES, this but make it 5: GC, Scheme, Concept, Tag Team and Topicals. This is da wae.

I think we need tournaments to become more special and unique. If you have one / two every month it gets too much. YES, just, yes.

I think one tournament a year should definitely have a cash prize. YES, the GC in Audio and Text.

3. Forum Cleanse

Ive started this discussion here: https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172808

Strip the site back, make less forums, less clutter. YES, the forums are meaningless piles of crap data that should be auto deleted after two years or less. If you are looking at 2+ year old forum posts... you gotta ask yourself why the fuck you are doing that.

4. Close the Unranked & Exclusive Battle Sections

Again, too much clutter, and never used. NAILED IT! YES, ez!

5. Audio Battles - Written Only

Freestyle battles are generally abused i find, let's make all battles officially written. Less drama that way. AS AN AUDIO-LEANING USER, I CONCUR, BUT... see next response!

6. Cypher Sections Reduced

Audio section closed (Audio cyphers are pretty much tracks right?) NO, NOT QUITE RIGHT! The audio cypher section should not just be closed, it should be transitioned into what use to be a major activity associated with the site, which was live cyphers (historically on tinychat and now fit for discord)

Text section reduced / changed. A solo most votes top 20 list, a solo most recent top 20 list. Thats it.

SURE

7. Rankings Reset

Again im a little torn about this, but i think as of Dec 31st 2021 the ranking should be frozen (and moved somewhere for prosperity *POSTERITY* (Holy shit, dude, the British invented the English language. LMAO... GOTTEM, HoF perhaps?) but ultimately reset as of Jan 1st 2022 to encourage the active members to get involved.
SURE, whatever

8. Ratings Removed on Battles & Tracks

Everyone rates every track a 10, every cypher a ten etc etc, lets get rid of them. I think an upvote / downvote system would be just as effective. UP, DOWN & MEH system

And with battles, i think you should vote for a winner only. Rating i think are redundant when an expo is already required. AGREED, and bring back FVC

9. No Title / Name Reinstation Upon Account Deletion

Simply - If you request your account is deleted, you lose the username and titles permanently. Deleting accounts is a massive issue for the site, i think we need to curb the occurrence of it as much as possible.

MEH, okay.

Perhaps signing a disclaimer upon account registration would help.

Have a think and drop your feedback on these points. There is still time to save LB, but perhaps some bold actions are needed.

1/

Last edited by The Ghost of Freak; 06-21-2021 at 11:56 PM.