View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2020, 02:04 AM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyOne View Post
you only have 5 posts...I would think your the new one here lol, but that's besides the point. I was just curious as to how they go about banning someone that's connected to the same wifi address.

I know you can change Mac address and external i.p if desired lol. Once again, im curious.
Oh right sorry I totally misunderstood your question lol

We wouldn't be able to tell who was who by IP, although we can track through other things like cookies. If there were 2 people with different devices in the same house and one was banned, if they logged onto the unbanned account using their own device we would spot it, if they logged on using the unbanned person's device and account we may not be able to tell. If this situation did arise though we would talk it through with the unbanned person and make sure that the banned person didn't have their login details, and if it looked like their account was being accessed by the other person anyway then we'd have to ban both of them for that time period.
Unread 04-01-2020, 02:04 AM   #29

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyOne View Post
you only have 5 posts...I would think your the new one here lol, but that's besides the point. I was just curious as to how they go about banning someone that's connected to the same wifi address.

I know you can change Mac address and external i.p if desired lol. Once again, im curious.
Oh right sorry I totally misunderstood your question lol

We wouldn't be able to tell who was who by IP, although we can track through other things like cookies. If there were 2 people with different devices in the same house and one was banned, if they logged onto the unbanned account using their own device we would spot it, if they logged on using the unbanned person's device and account we may not be able to tell. If this situation did arise though we would talk it through with the unbanned person and make sure that the banned person didn't have their login details, and if it looked like their account was being accessed by the other person anyway then we'd have to ban both of them for that time period.