View Single Post
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
yeah i hear you
but the word cracker has no historical significance. the n word is rooted in history as a hateful word.
i would never take offence to the word cracker cus it doesnt mean a goddamn thing .. it seems funny to me that someone would attempt to insult me by calling me a cracker .. id probably think they were pathetic .
lots of black guys i know drop that word and ive never cared ... but id never drop the n word around them cus of what that word has meant through history

i suppose at the end of the day it doesnt really matter cus if your intentions are to be racist when saying "cracker" then its no different than a white guy saying the n word and meaning it in a racist way ... but either way the n word will always be more impactful than a word that truly means nothing
Cracker is a way of calling you a racist. Cracker I believe comes from cracking the whip, as in whipping slaves. I think I've heard that before :s.

But none the less, I MIGHT be offended by it, who knows, so if a black guy called me a cracker I'd feel like their disregard for how I may react is what would be most offensive.
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #98

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
yeah i hear you
but the word cracker has no historical significance. the n word is rooted in history as a hateful word.
i would never take offence to the word cracker cus it doesnt mean a goddamn thing .. it seems funny to me that someone would attempt to insult me by calling me a cracker .. id probably think they were pathetic .
lots of black guys i know drop that word and ive never cared ... but id never drop the n word around them cus of what that word has meant through history

i suppose at the end of the day it doesnt really matter cus if your intentions are to be racist when saying "cracker" then its no different than a white guy saying the n word and meaning it in a racist way ... but either way the n word will always be more impactful than a word that truly means nothing
Cracker is a way of calling you a racist. Cracker I believe comes from cracking the whip, as in whipping slaves. I think I've heard that before :s.

But none the less, I MIGHT be offended by it, who knows, so if a black guy called me a cracker I'd feel like their disregard for how I may react is what would be most offensive.