View Single Post
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:57 PM
Aggo
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

so many "heavyweights" active are not even able to construct a punchline properly using quotations.

To me this is part of the problem. To succeed here at LB you have to conform to a predetermined "style". Stray from the formula, get voted against. It does not promote creativity, it stifles peoples will to try something new. Fortunately that seems confined to the text side. Unfortunately, the text side is where all the activity is.

I'm stoked to see this new activity in the chatroom. The freestyle cyphers goin on in there are the most hip hop thing happening on LB IMO. Aside from some dope tracks. It also has revealed to me that a lot of the heads that can write, can't deliver a bar let alone a verse. And freestyle? It's a whole other animal.
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #22

Aggo

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

so many "heavyweights" active are not even able to construct a punchline properly using quotations.

To me this is part of the problem. To succeed here at LB you have to conform to a predetermined "style". Stray from the formula, get voted against. It does not promote creativity, it stifles peoples will to try something new. Fortunately that seems confined to the text side. Unfortunately, the text side is where all the activity is.

I'm stoked to see this new activity in the chatroom. The freestyle cyphers goin on in there are the most hip hop thing happening on LB IMO. Aside from some dope tracks. It also has revealed to me that a lot of the heads that can write, can't deliver a bar let alone a verse. And freestyle? It's a whole other animal.