View Single Post
Unread 01-05-2020, 07:47 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezmer View Post
I'm trying to get my arms bigger and my gym recently replace all of the old equipment with new multiple muscle workout machines and I'm not getting that rip after a workout any more. They used to use isolation machines so you could focus on one muscle at a time and now they only have group muscle workouts.

Anyone a gym rat? Have any idea how to get back to getting the pumps i was on isolation machines without finding a new gym all together.

Also any advice on preworkouts? Right now I'm on "Beyond Raw : Lit" two scoops so 600mg of caffeine before a workout. Anything that works as well without the face flushing?
I've been a gym rat for the last 12 years and I used to be a personal trainer. If your gym still has free weights and spots where you can hook up straps for TRX style body weight exercises, those are better than cable machines anyways in my experience. To answer your specific question about getting arms bigger, hypertrophy (muscle growth) of any muscle can be achieved by first figuring out your one rep max (that's the most weight you can lift with that muscle just one time). Once you figure that out, use around 70 to 80% of that figure which you should only be able to do 8 to 10 reps of until failure. I advise working to failure every time rather than having a specific number of reps in mind to complete your set. If you can do more than 10, it's too light, and if you can't do at least seven or eight, it may be too heavy and you would be doing maximum strength training more so than hypertrophy. Your rest interval shouldn't be more than 90 seconds. Do some of your workouts in such a way that you are doing both concentric and eccentric muscle contractions. For example, when doing the bicep curl, release it slowly (for about five breaths) rather than a regular release so that you are working it out on the way down and not just only on the way up. On the way down while maintaining tension is your eccentric muscle contraction. This will increase vascularity which will swell up the muscle fibers faster.

Last edited by NOBLE; 01-05-2020 at 07:52 PM.
Unread 01-05-2020, 07:47 PM   #36

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezmer View Post
I'm trying to get my arms bigger and my gym recently replace all of the old equipment with new multiple muscle workout machines and I'm not getting that rip after a workout any more. They used to use isolation machines so you could focus on one muscle at a time and now they only have group muscle workouts.

Anyone a gym rat? Have any idea how to get back to getting the pumps i was on isolation machines without finding a new gym all together.

Also any advice on preworkouts? Right now I'm on "Beyond Raw : Lit" two scoops so 600mg of caffeine before a workout. Anything that works as well without the face flushing?
I've been a gym rat for the last 12 years and I used to be a personal trainer. If your gym still has free weights and spots where you can hook up straps for TRX style body weight exercises, those are better than cable machines anyways in my experience. To answer your specific question about getting arms bigger, hypertrophy (muscle growth) of any muscle can be achieved by first figuring out your one rep max (that's the most weight you can lift with that muscle just one time). Once you figure that out, use around 70 to 80% of that figure which you should only be able to do 8 to 10 reps of until failure. I advise working to failure every time rather than having a specific number of reps in mind to complete your set. If you can do more than 10, it's too light, and if you can't do at least seven or eight, it may be too heavy and you would be doing maximum strength training more so than hypertrophy. Your rest interval shouldn't be more than 90 seconds. Do some of your workouts in such a way that you are doing both concentric and eccentric muscle contractions. For example, when doing the bicep curl, release it slowly (for about five breaths) rather than a regular release so that you are working it out on the way down and not just only on the way up. On the way down while maintaining tension is your eccentric muscle contraction. This will increase vascularity which will swell up the muscle fibers faster.

Last edited by NOBLE; 01-05-2020 at 07:52 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote