View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2020, 05:42 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

If I could briefly return this to the capping multis discussion, @Punk & whoever else, it’s easy enough to say “if you can’t see the rhymes without caps you’re retarded”, but not all the site users speak in your accents. As most people I’ve IM’ed for feed know, my accent is very different to an American one, and I often have to change my own bars wildly for Americans to accept that they rhyme. I’m also expected to just accept all rhymes that work in common American accents, even though in the same week I might see Grizzy using a “pin/pen” wordplay and someone else rhyming “in” with “G”. I’m pissed off at the double standard that ‘foreign’ accents just get written off as bad rhyming while ‘foreigners’ have to stretch the limits of our imagination to make rhymes work; but since the vast majority of battlers are from the US East Coast or Southern England, I understand it. But, when people don’t cap their multis, I don’t even know what they’re trying to rhyme. I’m sure people like Saaxxx and 2FUEL can sympathise, capping multis might be a luxury when you’re reading something in your own accent but for people that can’t vocalise the rhymes they’re very important.
Unread 01-22-2020, 05:42 PM   #62

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

If I could briefly return this to the capping multis discussion, @Punk & whoever else, it’s easy enough to say “if you can’t see the rhymes without caps you’re retarded”, but not all the site users speak in your accents. As most people I’ve IM’ed for feed know, my accent is very different to an American one, and I often have to change my own bars wildly for Americans to accept that they rhyme. I’m also expected to just accept all rhymes that work in common American accents, even though in the same week I might see Grizzy using a “pin/pen” wordplay and someone else rhyming “in” with “G”. I’m pissed off at the double standard that ‘foreign’ accents just get written off as bad rhyming while ‘foreigners’ have to stretch the limits of our imagination to make rhymes work; but since the vast majority of battlers are from the US East Coast or Southern England, I understand it. But, when people don’t cap their multis, I don’t even know what they’re trying to rhyme. I’m sure people like Saaxxx and 2FUEL can sympathise, capping multis might be a luxury when you’re reading something in your own accent but for people that can’t vocalise the rhymes they’re very important.