View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2020, 10:56 AM
Óðinn
Mentioned: 2432 Post(s)
Tagged: 104 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post

1. Updates

A lot of the HOF induction pages are out of date, for instance battlers have come back, won titles, and had major accomplishments since their induction (i.e. All-Boro). This could either be remedied by editing the existing content of their induction pages to include it, or by adding a new section at the end of every HOF page which gave an account of the battler's activity and accomplishments since being inducted.
This is a good idea. If after their HOF write up, they've came back and/or gone on to achieve more noteworthy accolades then their write ups should be adjusted to reflect those achievements.

Quote:
2. "Impact" Hall of Fame

A few people, most recently @EtH and Dono, have been nominated to the Hall Of Fame despite there not really being a category that fits them. Would it be worth creating another branch of the hall of fame, that functioned essentially as a "miscellaneous HOF", for users whose legacy didn't fit into just specifically text battling, audio battling or track making? Other plausible candidates could include @NOBLE and @Godbody. I'm particularly interested to know people's thoughts on this, and whether anyone can come up with a more fitting name.
Yes. There should be a HOF'er category or 'status' also available for those who may not be the top in a certain battle field/track field but have yet contributed a lot to the site over the years they've been present. The impact they've made and so on.

In the case of Dono, i feel he ins't so much in this "category" as he's countless titles and has achieved enough as it is in those respected fields to be a HOF'er. He is a HOF'er, defo.

Quote:
3. Nominations

There seems to be a great deal of confusion over the nomination process itself. There is actually a relatively straightforward, if not-at-all-transparent, mechanism outlined here, however it requires @RULE to be active to process every nomination which unfortunately can't be the case forever. I think it might be time to come up with a better process to handle nominations. Purely having it down to a poll is not workable because of the extent that cheating and trolling often affect those polls, and because HOF is not a popularity contest. However, I think it's very important that the users have ultimate power over the inductions because it is their respect which makes the HOF valid.
This is a tricky one. @RULE's done a bang up job with the HOF'er shit... though i don't think staff should have to sit around and wait on another member of staff to return in order to maintain and keep the site running. If/when RULE comes back, if there's anything 'a miss' with the HOF write ups etc he can adjust them accordingly.
Unread 04-12-2020, 10:56 AM   #10

Óðinn
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 468 audio / 3095 text
Mentioned: 2432 Post(s)
Tagged: 104 Thread(s)

Quote:

1. Updates

A lot of the HOF induction pages are out of date, for instance battlers have come back, won titles, and had major accomplishments since their induction (i.e. All-Boro). This could either be remedied by editing the existing content of their induction pages to include it, or by adding a new section at the end of every HOF page which gave an account of the battler's activity and accomplishments since being inducted.
This is a good idea. If after their HOF write up, they've came back and/or gone on to achieve more noteworthy accolades then their write ups should be adjusted to reflect those achievements.

Quote:
2. "Impact" Hall of Fame

A few people, most recently @EtH and Dono, have been nominated to the Hall Of Fame despite there not really being a category that fits them. Would it be worth creating another branch of the hall of fame, that functioned essentially as a "miscellaneous HOF", for users whose legacy didn't fit into just specifically text battling, audio battling or track making? Other plausible candidates could include @NOBLE and @Godbody. I'm particularly interested to know people's thoughts on this, and whether anyone can come up with a more fitting name.
Yes. There should be a HOF'er category or 'status' also available for those who may not be the top in a certain battle field/track field but have yet contributed a lot to the site over the years they've been present. The impact they've made and so on.

In the case of Dono, i feel he ins't so much in this "category" as he's countless titles and has achieved enough as it is in those respected fields to be a HOF'er. He is a HOF'er, defo.

Quote:
3. Nominations

There seems to be a great deal of confusion over the nomination process itself. There is actually a relatively straightforward, if not-at-all-transparent, mechanism outlined here, however it requires @RULE to be active to process every nomination which unfortunately can't be the case forever. I think it might be time to come up with a better process to handle nominations. Purely having it down to a poll is not workable because of the extent that cheating and trolling often affect those polls, and because HOF is not a popularity contest. However, I think it's very important that the users have ultimate power over the inductions because it is their respect which makes the HOF valid.
This is a tricky one. @RULE's done a bang up job with the HOF'er shit... though i don't think staff should have to sit around and wait on another member of staff to return in order to maintain and keep the site running. If/when RULE comes back, if there's anything 'a miss' with the HOF write ups etc he can adjust them accordingly.