View Single Post
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:07 PM
iiMAGE
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 15 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
915 Won / 353 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
21 Won / 6 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKAR View Post
Let me tell y'all why that thing failed. First off I was also involved in the project so don't blame HVK for it. Our initial Idea was to break the record by taking advantage of our strengths. We started off by making announcements notices etc letting y'all know what's up. I then had the idea that we should aim for our facecbook page that has 4k likes and our youtube page that has 4k views. All that sounded good on paper but here is where my mistake comes and i Own up to it, we set a date for the record day before we even test out our ideas. For example...I asked Pugz to be a mod in the facebook page to make an event inviting all 4k people who liked our fb to the event. Unfortunately for us, facebook did not allow that so we made an open event for everyone interested to join and also posted various facebook statuses to let ppl know of the event. The feedback we received was much less than we expected so my idea of promoting record day on facebook failed. This is all on me.

My other idea was to create a promo video and post it on youtube. Me and HVK with the help of NOBLE sat down and wrote a script which then HVK recorded *narrator* and we were going to paste the mp3 file in a video hoping to get 4000 views like all of our videos do on youtube. Unfortunately there were other factors that came into play such as someone's personal life issues that prevented the youtube vid from being successful. Real Life always comes first so this was an unfortunate event that came our way 2 weeks before record day.

Finally, I can guarantee you for a fact that all mods were in unity and we were all helpful to each other towards making record day a success..However, the shit that I stated above prevented it from being successful. Funny thing is that this morning that I logged in 150 users were online thinking that we've accomplished something at least. Anyway, what im trying to get at here is, dont point the finger at the staff. We all wanted this to work, but sometimes in life there are other unexpected factors that come into play that can fuck up ur plans.

Thank you to those that logged in.

Well....
I wasnt much of a help lolz...
"Kicks Rock"
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #58

iiMAGE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
915 Won / 353 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.97/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
21 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 15 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKAR View Post
Let me tell y'all why that thing failed. First off I was also involved in the project so don't blame HVK for it. Our initial Idea was to break the record by taking advantage of our strengths. We started off by making announcements notices etc letting y'all know what's up. I then had the idea that we should aim for our facecbook page that has 4k likes and our youtube page that has 4k views. All that sounded good on paper but here is where my mistake comes and i Own up to it, we set a date for the record day before we even test out our ideas. For example...I asked Pugz to be a mod in the facebook page to make an event inviting all 4k people who liked our fb to the event. Unfortunately for us, facebook did not allow that so we made an open event for everyone interested to join and also posted various facebook statuses to let ppl know of the event. The feedback we received was much less than we expected so my idea of promoting record day on facebook failed. This is all on me.

My other idea was to create a promo video and post it on youtube. Me and HVK with the help of NOBLE sat down and wrote a script which then HVK recorded *narrator* and we were going to paste the mp3 file in a video hoping to get 4000 views like all of our videos do on youtube. Unfortunately there were other factors that came into play such as someone's personal life issues that prevented the youtube vid from being successful. Real Life always comes first so this was an unfortunate event that came our way 2 weeks before record day.

Finally, I can guarantee you for a fact that all mods were in unity and we were all helpful to each other towards making record day a success..However, the shit that I stated above prevented it from being successful. Funny thing is that this morning that I logged in 150 users were online thinking that we've accomplished something at least. Anyway, what im trying to get at here is, dont point the finger at the staff. We all wanted this to work, but sometimes in life there are other unexpected factors that come into play that can fuck up ur plans.

Thank you to those that logged in.

Well....
I wasnt much of a help lolz...
"Kicks Rock"