View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2017, 12:32 PM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
PAC still the goat
If the argument is that pac so far has been the most impactful emcee we've seen, sure I accept that. Though I don't think Pac should be the actual GOAT for me, as he died so young & his style didn't get the time to develop real notably incredible lyricism, he kind of plateaued on the conceptual tracks / or general thug shit which he still executed amazingly well. While that lyricism is one of the only pillars of hiphop that I think Pac lacked, I feel the greatest of all time should be a legendary emcee well rounded in the four (or more) most important elements of hip-hop, not lack in one while they can shine in the others.

Is Pac the most influential rap artist of all time? Most probably, I cant think of anyone near his level on that scale. Is he the Goat to me? nahhh.

Moving on to the mainlining topic of this thread, I think that Kendrick is the most well rounded emcee who exists in the popular pool of the current wave. I definitely think that he sits around the top three position for current popular artists, if not being the actual head of the totem pole for the current hip-hop scene.

as for any real "goat" or real "greatest of ALL time" argument, I don't know if we've even seen a real candidate so far. For there to even be a greatest of all time he needs to blow most everyone else completely out of the water, just dunno if I've seen that in many emcees so far personally.
Unread 04-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #7

Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
PAC still the goat
If the argument is that pac so far has been the most impactful emcee we've seen, sure I accept that. Though I don't think Pac should be the actual GOAT for me, as he died so young & his style didn't get the time to develop real notably incredible lyricism, he kind of plateaued on the conceptual tracks / or general thug shit which he still executed amazingly well. While that lyricism is one of the only pillars of hiphop that I think Pac lacked, I feel the greatest of all time should be a legendary emcee well rounded in the four (or more) most important elements of hip-hop, not lack in one while they can shine in the others.

Is Pac the most influential rap artist of all time? Most probably, I cant think of anyone near his level on that scale. Is he the Goat to me? nahhh.

Moving on to the mainlining topic of this thread, I think that Kendrick is the most well rounded emcee who exists in the popular pool of the current wave. I definitely think that he sits around the top three position for current popular artists, if not being the actual head of the totem pole for the current hip-hop scene.

as for any real "goat" or real "greatest of ALL time" argument, I don't know if we've even seen a real candidate so far. For there to even be a greatest of all time he needs to blow most everyone else completely out of the water, just dunno if I've seen that in many emcees so far personally.