View Single Post
Unread 06-25-2021, 12:42 PM
Student
LB Historian
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

DOPE to see you putting an effort towards change, so here we go...

1. Usertitles Deleted

Agree with stripping user-set titles (including mine) but it doesn't seem fair to people who won recently. Only compromise I can think of is to show the titles you've won on your profile (with links to the battle/thread you won it in) and hide them on battles & forums. Only the latest GC & Secondary Champs should be visible, everyone else will have there's displayed on their profile & stats section. Of course show HoF & Staff.

2. Reduced Tournament Schedule

2 seems too little, seems like people would only login during those 2 tournament months. What about 4? so 1 every quarter, 1 GC & 3 secondary tournaments? Concept, Scheme & Rookie or Tag-Team (phase out One Bar).

3. Forum Cleanse

Agree 100%, LB's needed this for years now.

4. Close the Unranked & Exclusive Battle Sections

Again, 100% agree. I know coding is an issue but if there's a way to simply delete the Section (so new battles can't happen) but keep people's Exclusive battles & records, I think that would be the best solution.

5. Audio Battles - Written Only

Don't know how I feel about this one, audio freestyles are pretty much the backbone of the audio section so taking it out would pretty much guarantee only Text-To-Audio converts would prosper and leave behind a lot of audio-only users. I'd say just leave it alone for now.

6. Cypher Sections Reduced

Agree with simplifying both sections but cutting out Audio cyphers would suck for up-in-coming audio artists would are looking for feedback on a track they haven't decided is good enough for a track yet. IDK, while activity is low, it doesn't seem like a priority at this point.

7. Rankings Reset

Don't agree with resetting them but hiding them on forums would make it cleaner plus incentivize people to check out people's profiles / encourage activity.

8. Ratings Removed on Battles & Tracks

Agree, it pains me to think of the countless FVC votes breaking down exactly why a verse is a 6 instead of a 7 BUT it would be a lot easier. Keep the requirement to write a comment though and not just "FV VB Good shit y'all" comment.

9. No Title / Name Reinstation Upon Account Deletion

Agree 100%, it's not fair to the thousands of battlers who's opponent deleted their account and now they can't read their old battles. I'd still keep them in the HoF & Stats section though.

Unread 06-25-2021, 12:42 PM   #38

Student
LB Historian
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 98 audio / 587 text
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)

DOPE to see you putting an effort towards change, so here we go...

1. Usertitles Deleted

Agree with stripping user-set titles (including mine) but it doesn't seem fair to people who won recently. Only compromise I can think of is to show the titles you've won on your profile (with links to the battle/thread you won it in) and hide them on battles & forums. Only the latest GC & Secondary Champs should be visible, everyone else will have there's displayed on their profile & stats section. Of course show HoF & Staff.

2. Reduced Tournament Schedule

2 seems too little, seems like people would only login during those 2 tournament months. What about 4? so 1 every quarter, 1 GC & 3 secondary tournaments? Concept, Scheme & Rookie or Tag-Team (phase out One Bar).

3. Forum Cleanse

Agree 100%, LB's needed this for years now.

4. Close the Unranked & Exclusive Battle Sections

Again, 100% agree. I know coding is an issue but if there's a way to simply delete the Section (so new battles can't happen) but keep people's Exclusive battles & records, I think that would be the best solution.

5. Audio Battles - Written Only

Don't know how I feel about this one, audio freestyles are pretty much the backbone of the audio section so taking it out would pretty much guarantee only Text-To-Audio converts would prosper and leave behind a lot of audio-only users. I'd say just leave it alone for now.

6. Cypher Sections Reduced

Agree with simplifying both sections but cutting out Audio cyphers would suck for up-in-coming audio artists would are looking for feedback on a track they haven't decided is good enough for a track yet. IDK, while activity is low, it doesn't seem like a priority at this point.

7. Rankings Reset

Don't agree with resetting them but hiding them on forums would make it cleaner plus incentivize people to check out people's profiles / encourage activity.

8. Ratings Removed on Battles & Tracks

Agree, it pains me to think of the countless FVC votes breaking down exactly why a verse is a 6 instead of a 7 BUT it would be a lot easier. Keep the requirement to write a comment though and not just "FV VB Good shit y'all" comment.

9. No Title / Name Reinstation Upon Account Deletion

Agree 100%, it's not fair to the thousands of battlers who's opponent deleted their account and now they can't read their old battles. I'd still keep them in the HoF & Stats section though.