View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2021, 06:00 PM
Student
LB Historian
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
Alright you kept it peaceful so I can't be an ass here

But yall been telling people to vote for years. Nah it dont work because it's the same people voting on these battles. If Student got 4 open battles, im gonna get tired of reading your shit and lose motivation to constantly click on them.

We aren't getting new members because we are outdated. It's 2021, people are using apps, video, easy to use shit. For example, check out the app called BattleMe in both play stores. They're active asf because it's easy asf to use.

Last year, discord was wayyyy more active than the site and yall said "discord is killing LB" no, LB was already dead for 1, for 2, discord is easy to use and that's literally where everyone battles because it's so simple and mobile friendly. Even had guys like Phil Banks, Godbody, Final Word, etc come out of retirement.

So ya, us voting more on LB ain't doing a damn thing. Yall even though removing the chat box because people used it more would help. lol ya let's remove the things the site likes and try to FORCE them to do shit when they don't have to.

All I'm saying is, if that's not prime example of why the place needs to be more 2021 ish, idk what to tell yall.
Bro look around, those people have come and gone, there's literally 15-20 Active members, look: https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/memb...astvisit&pp=30

I agree on getting sick of reading people's battles but it's not really an issue anymore, people like Bnas are in the past now, if you look at the current Top 10, besides Phroxen & Masked-Reaper there's an average of 5-6 battles per user (Mid-November into the Season too) so 2-3 battles/month

I agree it's completely outdated, vBulletin aside, the site visually hasn't been updated since 2007 which was 14 YEARS AGO, I know I was here Despite the changes in management, mistakes in the past, v4 promises, etc. I still think LB is a QUALITY site where there is untapped creative potential, undiscovered musical acts and hilarious all around members who aren't caught up in today's bullshit, politics, etc. It's just BARS or talking shit, it's one of the last places on the Internet that exist where you can call someone retarded, gay, faggot, etc. and you don't get automatically BANNED over PC culture. I'll check out BattleMe but I highly doubt I'll see anywhere near the level of talent or shit talking on there.

Yeah I really slept on Discord tbh and I was one of those people saying "It's taking activity away from the site" but I've since realized it's a perfect addition to the site especially with it's untapped Live Battling potential. I'm not sure if any Live Battles have gone down but they need to start happening again, NOW, I'm 100% on Discord & LB co-existing

Chat Box removal STILL sounds like a good idea to me tbh, I think it would encourage users to be more open, talk shit in public (via forums & comments) and either back it up in a battle OR get laughed at, either way it's more entertaining then a "you had to be there joke" that happens in the chat, at a random time, that eventually get deleted

Look, I'm not trying to cover anything up or tell you this site is GOLD when it's at best Bronze but I'm just being straight up, if everyone contributes, battling/voting/posting/uploading then this site will be around for a couple more years, maybe another 15 but if not then it dies (forreal this time) and it's over, maybe the battlers in Discord start their own site or Channel but it's not going to be this complex OR have the nostalgia of LetsBeef
Unread 11-15-2021, 06:00 PM   #26

Student
LB Historian
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 98 audio / 587 text
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
Alright you kept it peaceful so I can't be an ass here

But yall been telling people to vote for years. Nah it dont work because it's the same people voting on these battles. If Student got 4 open battles, im gonna get tired of reading your shit and lose motivation to constantly click on them.

We aren't getting new members because we are outdated. It's 2021, people are using apps, video, easy to use shit. For example, check out the app called BattleMe in both play stores. They're active asf because it's easy asf to use.

Last year, discord was wayyyy more active than the site and yall said "discord is killing LB" no, LB was already dead for 1, for 2, discord is easy to use and that's literally where everyone battles because it's so simple and mobile friendly. Even had guys like Phil Banks, Godbody, Final Word, etc come out of retirement.

So ya, us voting more on LB ain't doing a damn thing. Yall even though removing the chat box because people used it more would help. lol ya let's remove the things the site likes and try to FORCE them to do shit when they don't have to.

All I'm saying is, if that's not prime example of why the place needs to be more 2021 ish, idk what to tell yall.
Bro look around, those people have come and gone, there's literally 15-20 Active members, look: https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/memb...astvisit&pp=30

I agree on getting sick of reading people's battles but it's not really an issue anymore, people like Bnas are in the past now, if you look at the current Top 10, besides Phroxen & Masked-Reaper there's an average of 5-6 battles per user (Mid-November into the Season too) so 2-3 battles/month

I agree it's completely outdated, vBulletin aside, the site visually hasn't been updated since 2007 which was 14 YEARS AGO, I know I was here Despite the changes in management, mistakes in the past, v4 promises, etc. I still think LB is a QUALITY site where there is untapped creative potential, undiscovered musical acts and hilarious all around members who aren't caught up in today's bullshit, politics, etc. It's just BARS or talking shit, it's one of the last places on the Internet that exist where you can call someone retarded, gay, faggot, etc. and you don't get automatically BANNED over PC culture. I'll check out BattleMe but I highly doubt I'll see anywhere near the level of talent or shit talking on there.

Yeah I really slept on Discord tbh and I was one of those people saying "It's taking activity away from the site" but I've since realized it's a perfect addition to the site especially with it's untapped Live Battling potential. I'm not sure if any Live Battles have gone down but they need to start happening again, NOW, I'm 100% on Discord & LB co-existing

Chat Box removal STILL sounds like a good idea to me tbh, I think it would encourage users to be more open, talk shit in public (via forums & comments) and either back it up in a battle OR get laughed at, either way it's more entertaining then a "you had to be there joke" that happens in the chat, at a random time, that eventually get deleted

Look, I'm not trying to cover anything up or tell you this site is GOLD when it's at best Bronze but I'm just being straight up, if everyone contributes, battling/voting/posting/uploading then this site will be around for a couple more years, maybe another 15 but if not then it dies (forreal this time) and it's over, maybe the battlers in Discord start their own site or Channel but it's not going to be this complex OR have the nostalgia of LetsBeef