View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2021, 04:20 PM
Student
LB Historian
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
In a now closed thread

"Also if you really care about this place (I know you do cause you keep coming back) then VOTE it's that easy, take a few minutes and drop a few votes, all the forum antics / beef / content aside, that's what is keeping this place going, as in keeping new members around so it's not the same 12 people

Upgrading the site / Active Owner isn't going to mean shit if there's only us around, brand new site w/ crazy features is a WASTE if we can't keep the very few existing members around"

Haha in other words, we don't need updates because Student's satisfied with old broken LB. As long as battles are getting voted on by the same 4 and a half people, we're fine. We're running on the oldest version of vbulletin and he's still telling everyone all we need People to do is vote. The site can't even handle emojis and its 2021 lmao

Dudes stuck with a maintain mentality instead of a growing mentality. You think older members are gonna come back and stay because a Tain battle got 10 votes or because they see the place for a makeover? This ain't hard to understand.

Battles don't get votes because people are leaving and people are leaving because battles don't get votes.
If you can find a way to fix the blue box, then the red box WOULDNT happen.

Our site leaders are all jokes, no one knows how to run/grow a brand and when that time finally come, I'll be the last man on here typing "I told you so"

RIP LB

Alright, let me take a crack at this OP then figure out the rest of this thread

#1 I didn't close that thread so vamoose

#2 Do you actually disagree? If tomorrow Psuedo came by and upgraded the site, newest vBulletin version, new battling / voting system, etc. would that actually fix our low activity?

#3 I'm not satisfied w/ the current state of LB and I never have been, I've been questioning Staff since I got here (2006) before I was on Staff originally (2007) and have ever since then. I've dropped more complaints before you ever got here (2009) then YOU have up to now (You think I'm annoying now you should've seen me back then lol ask EtH or Odin)

#4.5 The point of asking you to vote was so 5 & a half people would be voting, not the same 4.5 (Oh look emoji's work)

#5 I recently brought back the LBT to GROW our userbase and we've had 25 quality battles (so far) along with retaining new-er members who a year ago weren't around. Also introduced Rookie of the Month (to keep new members) Bonus Matches & integrated One Bar King (to keep existing members / incentivize them w/ additional interchangeable monthly titles) I've also handed out numerous Awards & Emcee Items, kept the Stats section alive, deleted SPAM, etc. which is ALL things YOU could've done as a Staff member yet you chose to complain and expected to get promoted

#6 I already answered your Blue / Red question, I said "Vote so we keep new members around" and you said "People are leaving because battles don't close", how do you we close battles? We VOTE

#7 I've personally voted on 70+ battles since September, last time you vote Audio was more then a year ago (10/31/2020) and before that it was 4 months previous (6/8/2020) Text was slightly better (10/11/2020) before that (9/23/2020) Sorry :o #'s don't lie

#8 In conclusion, this isn't rocket science, I encourage people to vote because it does help, close battles / feedback / member retention, etc. Odin & I are doing everything in our very limited power to keep this place alive because we've been here so long / actually care about LB but we can only do so much, we know it's up to the Community whether this place is alive or not, not who's in charge atm (No offense @Psuedo Nim) and while I love the forums / talking shit, it's Votes that close battles and crown Champions
Unread 11-15-2021, 04:20 PM   #22

Student
LB Historian
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 98 audio / 587 text
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
In a now closed thread

"Also if you really care about this place (I know you do cause you keep coming back) then VOTE it's that easy, take a few minutes and drop a few votes, all the forum antics / beef / content aside, that's what is keeping this place going, as in keeping new members around so it's not the same 12 people

Upgrading the site / Active Owner isn't going to mean shit if there's only us around, brand new site w/ crazy features is a WASTE if we can't keep the very few existing members around"

Haha in other words, we don't need updates because Student's satisfied with old broken LB. As long as battles are getting voted on by the same 4 and a half people, we're fine. We're running on the oldest version of vbulletin and he's still telling everyone all we need People to do is vote. The site can't even handle emojis and its 2021 lmao

Dudes stuck with a maintain mentality instead of a growing mentality. You think older members are gonna come back and stay because a Tain battle got 10 votes or because they see the place for a makeover? This ain't hard to understand.

Battles don't get votes because people are leaving and people are leaving because battles don't get votes.
If you can find a way to fix the blue box, then the red box WOULDNT happen.

Our site leaders are all jokes, no one knows how to run/grow a brand and when that time finally come, I'll be the last man on here typing "I told you so"

RIP LB

Alright, let me take a crack at this OP then figure out the rest of this thread

#1 I didn't close that thread so vamoose

#2 Do you actually disagree? If tomorrow Psuedo came by and upgraded the site, newest vBulletin version, new battling / voting system, etc. would that actually fix our low activity?

#3 I'm not satisfied w/ the current state of LB and I never have been, I've been questioning Staff since I got here (2006) before I was on Staff originally (2007) and have ever since then. I've dropped more complaints before you ever got here (2009) then YOU have up to now (You think I'm annoying now you should've seen me back then lol ask EtH or Odin)

#4.5 The point of asking you to vote was so 5 & a half people would be voting, not the same 4.5 (Oh look emoji's work)

#5 I recently brought back the LBT to GROW our userbase and we've had 25 quality battles (so far) along with retaining new-er members who a year ago weren't around. Also introduced Rookie of the Month (to keep new members) Bonus Matches & integrated One Bar King (to keep existing members / incentivize them w/ additional interchangeable monthly titles) I've also handed out numerous Awards & Emcee Items, kept the Stats section alive, deleted SPAM, etc. which is ALL things YOU could've done as a Staff member yet you chose to complain and expected to get promoted

#6 I already answered your Blue / Red question, I said "Vote so we keep new members around" and you said "People are leaving because battles don't close", how do you we close battles? We VOTE

#7 I've personally voted on 70+ battles since September, last time you vote Audio was more then a year ago (10/31/2020) and before that it was 4 months previous (6/8/2020) Text was slightly better (10/11/2020) before that (9/23/2020) Sorry :o #'s don't lie

#8 In conclusion, this isn't rocket science, I encourage people to vote because it does help, close battles / feedback / member retention, etc. Odin & I are doing everything in our very limited power to keep this place alive because we've been here so long / actually care about LB but we can only do so much, we know it's up to the Community whether this place is alive or not, not who's in charge atm (No offense @Psuedo Nim) and while I love the forums / talking shit, it's Votes that close battles and crown Champions