View Single Post
Unread 01-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Locchart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
@guts. @HVK

Id like to add some feedback to this discussion.

While a seemingly good idea, here’s my issue with this premise. There literally aren’t that many more active, educated, unbiased voters on the site that aren’t FVC already. I can name a couple, sure, but I don’t think the pool of people is there to expand expand and expand. We don’t want to sacrifice the quality of the FVC votes just to put a couple more people in the club. For instance, I can’t think of 3 people I’d definitely want to add right now.

Also, if you just put all the active voters in the FVC, what’s the point of the FVC? Then everyone will have it under their name and have the boosted VP. At that stage the value of an FVC vote diminishes greatly, as they’re just getting tossed around on the regular. FVC and the boosted VP that comes with it should be reserved for the most educated, fair, and unbiased voters. There is NOT a plethora of people that check all those boxes that aren’t already in the FVC.

You seem to want to expand the FVC to hit some imaginary quota of 2 FVC votes per battle. The thing is you pulled this quota out of thin air and it’s just a nice number you decided on. Nothing logically says this is a good or optimal number. ALSO, that’s reltaively achievable with our current base. Sure, some troll battles, snipe battles and battles from guys that drop 6x a day might not get 2 FVC votes, but most battles get that or more.

I’m not completely against adding people to the FVC, but the idea that rapidly and vastly expanding its member base is somehow the best thing to do “just because”, sounds awful to me.
This. It's supposed to be about quality, not quantity.
Unread 01-06-2019, 12:52 PM   #10

Locchart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
@guts. @HVK

Id like to add some feedback to this discussion.

While a seemingly good idea, here’s my issue with this premise. There literally aren’t that many more active, educated, unbiased voters on the site that aren’t FVC already. I can name a couple, sure, but I don’t think the pool of people is there to expand expand and expand. We don’t want to sacrifice the quality of the FVC votes just to put a couple more people in the club. For instance, I can’t think of 3 people I’d definitely want to add right now.

Also, if you just put all the active voters in the FVC, what’s the point of the FVC? Then everyone will have it under their name and have the boosted VP. At that stage the value of an FVC vote diminishes greatly, as they’re just getting tossed around on the regular. FVC and the boosted VP that comes with it should be reserved for the most educated, fair, and unbiased voters. There is NOT a plethora of people that check all those boxes that aren’t already in the FVC.

You seem to want to expand the FVC to hit some imaginary quota of 2 FVC votes per battle. The thing is you pulled this quota out of thin air and it’s just a nice number you decided on. Nothing logically says this is a good or optimal number. ALSO, that’s reltaively achievable with our current base. Sure, some troll battles, snipe battles and battles from guys that drop 6x a day might not get 2 FVC votes, but most battles get that or more.

I’m not completely against adding people to the FVC, but the idea that rapidly and vastly expanding its member base is somehow the best thing to do “just because”, sounds awful to me.
This. It's supposed to be about quality, not quantity.