View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2018, 02:03 AM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniC 801 View Post
there should be actual judges!!!! period been saying this forever. and free participation credits for battling/ leaving comments good or bad its there opinion/ taking that away is retarded i've never reported a single hate vote to the mods in my ten plus years of being on this site. just a bunch of bitches if you ask me! the system has been broken from the start!!!time for change!!!
added your idea

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMDUB View Post
I agree with @Rieper. I've also notice a lot of people leave the site do to votes being swayed also lack of compassion to write more. The site turned into a pissing competition and shit talking instead of actual rap or lyricism. We should focus more on becoming better artists/battle rappers. Heres a thought.....I feel we need promoters on the website to push this site further, but then again....no one wants to work for free. Maybe if we could get more revenue involved we could get some where. Just a thought.... Oh and one last thing that i want to add. I was talking to @captain gutpunch about group writing. Theres an exercise that we can do to advance, not only yourself but others as well. Its called "Objective Writing". Basically you choose an object and create metaphors/punchlines in 15/20 minutes. Everyone will have the same object and write a 16 about the object. The bars you write do not have to connect in rhyming. This exercise is meant to help you create metaphors/punchlines a lot faster. Then later on making connections with your bars will be a breeze. In any songwriting class they will encourage you to get multiple opinions on your material. Group writing helps inspire other writers and trains you to look out side the box. Approach your writing from a different angle.
added

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote:
battling on a phone you have got to be kidding me.
the quality would drop even more. that's the worst idea i have ever heard and i keep hearing it. if the stupid text battlers would grow some balls and buy a 25 dollar headset !
there would be alot more activity
i really appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback, but try to remember this post is all about uniting. keep it real fam

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
They just made the emcee shop, for people to drop their credits into... also Mindless made a poll a while ago regarding credit resets, and people voted no.

We don't need the owners to make the site better, we can do that with activity. I agree with OP but its not like they are new suggestions, this conversation had occurred many times. It's just kinda up to us to make the best of it, until the owners drop the mobile app... (i know its been promised for time, but really, what else can we do but wait, other than leave. We seem to enjoy it enough to log in everyday as is).

I'll be voting more often, as I did in the past.

Just my two cents...
i feel it seul. so what you're saying is that it's not just about what the site can do for us, it's about what he can do for the site. you heard it from the man himself, let's get more active. i wanna see everyone vote on at least 2 battles per day. shouldn't take no time from your hands.
Unread 12-22-2018, 02:03 AM   #22

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
there should be actual judges!!!! period been saying this forever. and free participation credits for battling/ leaving comments good or bad its there opinion/ taking that away is retarded i've never reported a single hate vote to the mods in my ten plus years of being on this site. just a bunch of bitches if you ask me! the system has been broken from the start!!!time for change!!!
added your idea

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMDUB View Post
I agree with @Rieper. I've also notice a lot of people leave the site do to votes being swayed also lack of compassion to write more. The site turned into a pissing competition and shit talking instead of actual rap or lyricism. We should focus more on becoming better artists/battle rappers. Heres a thought.....I feel we need promoters on the website to push this site further, but then again....no one wants to work for free. Maybe if we could get more revenue involved we could get some where. Just a thought.... Oh and one last thing that i want to add. I was talking to @captain gutpunch about group writing. Theres an exercise that we can do to advance, not only yourself but others as well. Its called "Objective Writing". Basically you choose an object and create metaphors/punchlines in 15/20 minutes. Everyone will have the same object and write a 16 about the object. The bars you write do not have to connect in rhyming. This exercise is meant to help you create metaphors/punchlines a lot faster. Then later on making connections with your bars will be a breeze. In any songwriting class they will encourage you to get multiple opinions on your material. Group writing helps inspire other writers and trains you to look out side the box. Approach your writing from a different angle.
added

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote:
battling on a phone you have got to be kidding me.
the quality would drop even more. that's the worst idea i have ever heard and i keep hearing it. if the stupid text battlers would grow some balls and buy a 25 dollar headset !
there would be alot more activity
i really appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback, but try to remember this post is all about uniting. keep it real fam

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
They just made the emcee shop, for people to drop their credits into... also Mindless made a poll a while ago regarding credit resets, and people voted no.

We don't need the owners to make the site better, we can do that with activity. I agree with OP but its not like they are new suggestions, this conversation had occurred many times. It's just kinda up to us to make the best of it, until the owners drop the mobile app... (i know its been promised for time, but really, what else can we do but wait, other than leave. We seem to enjoy it enough to log in everyday as is).

I'll be voting more often, as I did in the past.

Just my two cents...
i feel it seul. so what you're saying is that it's not just about what the site can do for us, it's about what he can do for the site. you heard it from the man himself, let's get more active. i wanna see everyone vote on at least 2 battles per day. shouldn't take no time from your hands.