View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2019, 05:43 AM
Mentioned: 543 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIAM View Post
Damn y’all think Snoop, 50, and Chance the Rapper are *Wack.
Wow
Well...
My list is a lil different.
To answer your question the most over rated artist imo (I’ll keep it in the same genre)

Are like the Yachty’s the Uzi’s, the Mustards, the Post Malone’s..

As a Rap fanatic to me they are overrated.
As a business man ii respect their management’s
Genius, but really with a couple million dollars and a smart manager any performing artist can hit the billboard 100 at least once
I think Snoop & 50 are dope, but yeah, I still believe Chance is whack.

In terms of Yachty, I agree he's whack, he did have a couple of good songs, but not enough to boost him to the stardom he's achieved. Lil Uzi I think is decent, but I say that placing him in the same category as the rest of the new guys, I don't dislike new rap, but I can easily say the old shit was more fire.

The group that helped bridge me into liking the new shit is A$AP Mob. When they first popped the shit they came out with was FIRE, even to old school standards, imo.

Mustard is a producer, so like, I don't really count him in this debate, but yeah, any performing artist can hit billboard 100 because they don't need to be lyrically potent.

Imho, producers / engineers are the real reason why a lot of these new cats are popping, since everything is focused so hard on effects these days the engineers really don't get enough credit.

seul
adjective
1. on one’s own ⧫ alone
Unread 12-29-2019, 05:43 AM   #6

Seul Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 105 audio / 603 text
Mentioned: 543 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIAM View Post
Damn y’all think Snoop, 50, and Chance the Rapper are *Wack.
Wow
Well...
My list is a lil different.
To answer your question the most over rated artist imo (I’ll keep it in the same genre)

Are like the Yachty’s the Uzi’s, the Mustards, the Post Malone’s..

As a Rap fanatic to me they are overrated.
As a business man ii respect their management’s
Genius, but really with a couple million dollars and a smart manager any performing artist can hit the billboard 100 at least once
I think Snoop & 50 are dope, but yeah, I still believe Chance is whack.

In terms of Yachty, I agree he's whack, he did have a couple of good songs, but not enough to boost him to the stardom he's achieved. Lil Uzi I think is decent, but I say that placing him in the same category as the rest of the new guys, I don't dislike new rap, but I can easily say the old shit was more fire.

The group that helped bridge me into liking the new shit is A$AP Mob. When they first popped the shit they came out with was FIRE, even to old school standards, imo.

Mustard is a producer, so like, I don't really count him in this debate, but yeah, any performing artist can hit billboard 100 because they don't need to be lyrically potent.

Imho, producers / engineers are the real reason why a lot of these new cats are popping, since everything is focused so hard on effects these days the engineers really don't get enough credit.

seul
adjective
1. on one’s own ⧫ alone