View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2020, 09:29 PM
Locchart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
Dono’s legacy also includes 2x One Bar tournaments; and his topical titles are across text and audio. He also made a GC final, I can’t remember if it was text or audio. Imo Dono’s legacy is too multi-faceted to necessarily just put him in one “Topical” HoF box. Honestly this is something that @RULE probably needs to make a call on when he gets back, I’ve thought Dono deserved HOF for a long time but I still don’t know what the right thing to induct him for would be.
That’s why I proposed this to also kickstart a Topical Hall of Fame. It isn’t fair to guys like Dono who, statistically speaking and writing wise, is the best topical battler the site’s ever had. He may have won 2 One Bar Championship Titles, but he was never considered a heavyweight as a text battler and wasn’t considered one as an audio battler, either.

IMO Dono’s legacy is very similar to @Rowdy Punk’s. He has title wins outside of his strong suit on the site (One Bar while Punk has his Summer Throwdown), and has impressive wins over top names (Dono beat Bleu in an audio battle in 2014, and Punk just beat ALL-BORO in an audio battle just recently). Even with this in consideration, people don’t automatically think of Dono or Punk as audio or text battlers and they aren’t/weren’t considered top-tier names in either category, but they were the top names in their respective fields (topicals & track making) during their time of activity, and that aspect can’t be completely ignored.

Last edited by Locchart; 04-09-2020 at 09:33 PM.
Unread 04-09-2020, 09:29 PM   #5

Locchart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
Dono’s legacy also includes 2x One Bar tournaments; and his topical titles are across text and audio. He also made a GC final, I can’t remember if it was text or audio. Imo Dono’s legacy is too multi-faceted to necessarily just put him in one “Topical” HoF box. Honestly this is something that @RULE probably needs to make a call on when he gets back, I’ve thought Dono deserved HOF for a long time but I still don’t know what the right thing to induct him for would be.
That’s why I proposed this to also kickstart a Topical Hall of Fame. It isn’t fair to guys like Dono who, statistically speaking and writing wise, is the best topical battler the site’s ever had. He may have won 2 One Bar Championship Titles, but he was never considered a heavyweight as a text battler and wasn’t considered one as an audio battler, either.

IMO Dono’s legacy is very similar to @Rowdy Punk’s. He has title wins outside of his strong suit on the site (One Bar while Punk has his Summer Throwdown), and has impressive wins over top names (Dono beat Bleu in an audio battle in 2014, and Punk just beat ALL-BORO in an audio battle just recently). Even with this in consideration, people don’t automatically think of Dono or Punk as audio or text battlers and they aren’t/weren’t considered top-tier names in either category, but they were the top names in their respective fields (topicals & track making) during their time of activity, and that aspect can’t be completely ignored.

Last edited by Locchart; 04-09-2020 at 09:33 PM.