View Single Post
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Aggo
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ok, interesting battle here. I think each of these verse had something that the others lacked so the judging is a little difficult. Writer 5 had an interesting way of using the image and told an ok story, but the ending wasn't anything jarring or interesting, it just kind of puttered out. He also had the simplest rhyme and vocab of the group. Writer 7 had a cool scheme and some good vocab but I think his execution and story suffered while being bound to a more intricate rhyme scheme. The story was just kind of a description of the people in the picture and wasn't very engaging, but the flow and sound were nice. Writer 2 had the best story of the group but was the most loose with his inclusion of the picture in his verse.

My order goes like this in order from best verse down.

winner; writer 2. The story and flow were enough to overcome the relaxed interpretation of the picture, I thought this was the most engaging.

2nd place, writer 5. Although the rhyme was simple the story was a more coherent process to get through as a reader.

3rd place, writer 7. I liked the flow and sound, but as I said, I felt the verse as a hole was too married to the scheme and the overall delivery suffered because of it.
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #7

Aggo

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ok, interesting battle here. I think each of these verse had something that the others lacked so the judging is a little difficult. Writer 5 had an interesting way of using the image and told an ok story, but the ending wasn't anything jarring or interesting, it just kind of puttered out. He also had the simplest rhyme and vocab of the group. Writer 7 had a cool scheme and some good vocab but I think his execution and story suffered while being bound to a more intricate rhyme scheme. The story was just kind of a description of the people in the picture and wasn't very engaging, but the flow and sound were nice. Writer 2 had the best story of the group but was the most loose with his inclusion of the picture in his verse.

My order goes like this in order from best verse down.

winner; writer 2. The story and flow were enough to overcome the relaxed interpretation of the picture, I thought this was the most engaging.

2nd place, writer 5. Although the rhyme was simple the story was a more coherent process to get through as a reader.

3rd place, writer 7. I liked the flow and sound, but as I said, I felt the verse as a hole was too married to the scheme and the overall delivery suffered because of it.