View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2020, 10:18 PM
S A L T
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 2 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
181 Won / 32 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post
J.Cole is certainly dope, without a shadow of doubt. However, Em out shines him in every area, imo. Personally I never seen/felt as if Em fell off. As an artist he needs to try different music, if the man repeated the same shit from Slim Shady LP and Marshal Mathers EP, people would have tired of him, saying he just makes the same shot over and over. Also, at his level, he’s constantly compared to himself and what’s he’s done before similar to Nas and his Illmaculate Album.
Not entirely sure I agree. Plenty (if not most tbh) of artists sustained within their niche. A lot of them are revered as classics bc they didn't try to chase trends to stay relevant—they defined relevance. Wu-Tang Clan, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Nas... it goes on. When did any of those dudes switch up to the extent Eminem did? I don't think any (imo). He noticeably got more pop which is just such a stark contrast to where he came from. Even current rappers like Future, 21, 69, Lil Pump are all making themselves through their niche sounds. The only great artist that comes to mind that consistently switched it up to me was Kanye—even then he has a distinctness to him that defined following eras. I think if Eminem kept it Slim Shady, there is no way people get tired of him.

I could be wrong, I mean it is all tastes at the end of the day, but that's just what I hear.

i told you stoy was handsome

Last edited by S A L T; 01-22-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Unread 01-22-2020, 10:18 PM   #20

S A L T
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 2 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
181 Won / 32 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 926 text
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post
J.Cole is certainly dope, without a shadow of doubt. However, Em out shines him in every area, imo. Personally I never seen/felt as if Em fell off. As an artist he needs to try different music, if the man repeated the same shit from Slim Shady LP and Marshal Mathers EP, people would have tired of him, saying he just makes the same shot over and over. Also, at his level, he’s constantly compared to himself and what’s he’s done before similar to Nas and his Illmaculate Album.
Not entirely sure I agree. Plenty (if not most tbh) of artists sustained within their niche. A lot of them are revered as classics bc they didn't try to chase trends to stay relevant—they defined relevance. Wu-Tang Clan, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Nas... it goes on. When did any of those dudes switch up to the extent Eminem did? I don't think any (imo). He noticeably got more pop which is just such a stark contrast to where he came from. Even current rappers like Future, 21, 69, Lil Pump are all making themselves through their niche sounds. The only great artist that comes to mind that consistently switched it up to me was Kanye—even then he has a distinctness to him that defined following eras. I think if Eminem kept it Slim Shady, there is no way people get tired of him.

I could be wrong, I mean it is all tastes at the end of the day, but that's just what I hear.

i told you stoy was handsome

Last edited by S A L T; 01-22-2020 at 10:21 PM.