View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2020, 02:21 AM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post
J.Cole is certainly dope, without a shadow of doubt. However, Em out shines him in every area, imo. Personally I never seen/felt as if Em fell off. As an artist he needs to try different music, if the man repeated the same shit from Slim Shady LP and Marshal Mathers EP, people would have tired of him, saying he just makes the same shot over and over. Also, at his level, he’s constantly compared to himself and what’s he’s done before similar to Nas and his Illmaculate Album.
This is what I've been thinking for a long time! I actually really like Recovery as an album. Although I understand it won't be to everyone's tastes, I think it showed Eminem had a diversity of skills, and was capable of putting out sentimental, pop-oriented smash hits or honest examinations of his mental health as well as the kind of stuff he'd previously been doing. Relapse has some weird shit but if you're in the right mood its actually a banger for the most part, and Deja Vu is one of Em's best tracks imo. MMLP2 is one of the most technically proficient albums of rap ever produced, and although most of it isn't to my taste my friend loves it. Revival gets shat on a lot, I actually think there are quite a few good tracks on it but overall I agree it was a bit of a step down for Em (but still a pretty high-quality album overall). I absolutely fucking love Kamikaze and so far Music To Be Murdered By, and I think they've definitely revitalised his career and shown off yet another completely different type of music Em is capable of making. And that's not even talking about Bad Meets Evil or any of his features.
Unread 01-22-2020, 02:21 AM   #14

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FUEL View Post
J.Cole is certainly dope, without a shadow of doubt. However, Em out shines him in every area, imo. Personally I never seen/felt as if Em fell off. As an artist he needs to try different music, if the man repeated the same shit from Slim Shady LP and Marshal Mathers EP, people would have tired of him, saying he just makes the same shot over and over. Also, at his level, he’s constantly compared to himself and what’s he’s done before similar to Nas and his Illmaculate Album.
This is what I've been thinking for a long time! I actually really like Recovery as an album. Although I understand it won't be to everyone's tastes, I think it showed Eminem had a diversity of skills, and was capable of putting out sentimental, pop-oriented smash hits or honest examinations of his mental health as well as the kind of stuff he'd previously been doing. Relapse has some weird shit but if you're in the right mood its actually a banger for the most part, and Deja Vu is one of Em's best tracks imo. MMLP2 is one of the most technically proficient albums of rap ever produced, and although most of it isn't to my taste my friend loves it. Revival gets shat on a lot, I actually think there are quite a few good tracks on it but overall I agree it was a bit of a step down for Em (but still a pretty high-quality album overall). I absolutely fucking love Kamikaze and so far Music To Be Murdered By, and I think they've definitely revitalised his career and shown off yet another completely different type of music Em is capable of making. And that's not even talking about Bad Meets Evil or any of his features.