View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2014, 08:47 PM
ViTRiOL ViTRiOL is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Tagged: 26 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
11 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.99/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.99/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.99/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
141 Won / 35 Lost

Akin to Illo, I'm keeping it simple.

Very different pieces. One adhered to the musical and poetic elements expected of a topical, whilst I felt the other connected more creatively with the stimulus. There was certainly a more direct link between stimulus and concept for the second piece: Almost reiterated at every moment through a basic rhyme scheme with some colourful vocabulary. I felt the readability was tarnished by lack of a broader spectrum of rhyme schemes yet the continuous flowing nature of the choice of words gave it a ghostly feel. Repetitive and irritable, almost uncomfortable and this certainly evoked the general atmosphere of the stimulus image. At times, the cadence slipped out of place but nothing that destroyed the piece in terms of poetic flow.

The other piece was more creative. The connection with the stimulus was more clouded and picked up on a detail that was almost completely irrelevant but it's evident that this particular detail manifested at the time of the piece's conception. Unique format and some nice readability benefacted by the utilisation of interesting and evolving rhyme schemes. Had a bit of a hip hop feel at times which almost took away from the context. The characters weren't realistic at points, the fantasy element ebbed away. There's a certain harsh quality to the piece that I appreciated and it was haunting and uninviting, again this atmosphere connected very well with the stimulus.

My vote is going to the first piece as I feel it was more creatively crafted and was a marginally more interesting read. The uniqueness of its format made it stand out and the execution of it succeeded in a simplistic fashion. I did think that the other piece was more poetic and musical but I feel it lacked the direction and conviction of the other piece.

Vitty's vote's in. Some very nice material here.

"A man is the sum of his actions."
Unread 06-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #9

ViTRiOL ViTRiOL is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
11 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.99/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.99/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.99/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
141 Won / 35 Lost

Voted: 18 audio / 763 text
Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Tagged: 26 Thread(s)

Akin to Illo, I'm keeping it simple.

Very different pieces. One adhered to the musical and poetic elements expected of a topical, whilst I felt the other connected more creatively with the stimulus. There was certainly a more direct link between stimulus and concept for the second piece: Almost reiterated at every moment through a basic rhyme scheme with some colourful vocabulary. I felt the readability was tarnished by lack of a broader spectrum of rhyme schemes yet the continuous flowing nature of the choice of words gave it a ghostly feel. Repetitive and irritable, almost uncomfortable and this certainly evoked the general atmosphere of the stimulus image. At times, the cadence slipped out of place but nothing that destroyed the piece in terms of poetic flow.

The other piece was more creative. The connection with the stimulus was more clouded and picked up on a detail that was almost completely irrelevant but it's evident that this particular detail manifested at the time of the piece's conception. Unique format and some nice readability benefacted by the utilisation of interesting and evolving rhyme schemes. Had a bit of a hip hop feel at times which almost took away from the context. The characters weren't realistic at points, the fantasy element ebbed away. There's a certain harsh quality to the piece that I appreciated and it was haunting and uninviting, again this atmosphere connected very well with the stimulus.

My vote is going to the first piece as I feel it was more creatively crafted and was a marginally more interesting read. The uniqueness of its format made it stand out and the execution of it succeeded in a simplistic fashion. I did think that the other piece was more poetic and musical but I feel it lacked the direction and conviction of the other piece.

Vitty's vote's in. Some very nice material here.

"A man is the sum of his actions."