View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2024, 12:28 PM
Affinity
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
You're absolutely right, I try to give specific feedback on every battle but a lot of the time I slip into the cliches and don't say much useful.

That being said, I think there's a bit of a trade-off between vote quantity and quality, I've been trying to cover every single text battle and whenever I sit down for the night at the start I'm full of energy but by the end I don't have the mental patience to go picking a BOTB between two new users. Would be interested to hear from some of the newer users whether they prefer more votes on a battle, or fewer votes better explained.
I think it's perfectly normal to have voter fatigue. Recognizing it is 99% of the battle, and just making the active choice to not vote yet is the other 1%. I'm guilty of it as well.

Personally, I don't think you for Esso fall into the category of problem voters because of the 1 in 20 times you make one that isn't wildly detailed. It's the vast majority of the rest though that are problematic and make votes like I mentioned before virtually every single time. I'm a believer the only solution is to push our peers to be better, even if it's when someone is voting for you in a battle. There's nothing wrong with asking for additional information to support their vote, given the explanation it's to better the site as a whole.

Idk, just my 2 cents.
Unread 01-21-2024, 12:28 PM   #44

Affinity
Estimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 10 audio / 28 text
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
You're absolutely right, I try to give specific feedback on every battle but a lot of the time I slip into the cliches and don't say much useful.

That being said, I think there's a bit of a trade-off between vote quantity and quality, I've been trying to cover every single text battle and whenever I sit down for the night at the start I'm full of energy but by the end I don't have the mental patience to go picking a BOTB between two new users. Would be interested to hear from some of the newer users whether they prefer more votes on a battle, or fewer votes better explained.
I think it's perfectly normal to have voter fatigue. Recognizing it is 99% of the battle, and just making the active choice to not vote yet is the other 1%. I'm guilty of it as well.

Personally, I don't think you for Esso fall into the category of problem voters because of the 1 in 20 times you make one that isn't wildly detailed. It's the vast majority of the rest though that are problematic and make votes like I mentioned before virtually every single time. I'm a believer the only solution is to push our peers to be better, even if it's when someone is voting for you in a battle. There's nothing wrong with asking for additional information to support their vote, given the explanation it's to better the site as a whole.

Idk, just my 2 cents.