Thread: Question.
View Single Post
Unread 08-15-2020, 03:25 AM
Student
LB Historian
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion EtH View Post
Cool it's good to know mine won't be converted to GC cause I won it 2 months earlier.
Nobody's agreed to convert them yet but I feel ya.

The reason I'm against converting Throwdowns (Seasonal's 2.0) is because I think I get the concept behind them. It's to fill the schedule between the other established Text Tournaments (Scheme, Concept, Topical, Tag Team & One Bar) and it especially helps Audio (Scheme, Concept & Tag Team) fill the side up. People have argued about having too many tournaments but now-a-days people are almost exclusively participating in tournaments so why not have 1 once a month?

I'm on @Manhattan 's side of the argument too about handing out too many GC's out but we should at least have 2, it's essentially crowning someone the best battler, so once a year seems stingy to me, luck changes and so does skill, so one shot at it seems like it deter someone from staying on the site.

It would be interesting too to run a few tournaments on Discord in conjunction with those on site. For example: Concept battles could be posted and Discord users can vote on them, find out people's favorites battles of the rounds, put like "Voted Battle of the Round by LB Discord" on them. Best Concept Bar could be voted every round, which necessarily doesn't have to be the winners so someone new could win it every time.

Audio Tournaments could be run live via Discord and then have the battlers record their verses and post them on LB to vote on who won, after polishing up a bit of course.

Back to my original question, I thought it'd make sense to change Summer & Winter Champions to GC's since they're not being run anymore (Less titles to know) and Bleu & Seul won $250 each tournament they won (Hope you did too @Lockhart I don't know if you did) so I think they deserve another GC rather then a purple dead title.
Unread 08-15-2020, 03:25 AM   #25

Student
LB Historian
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 98 audio / 587 text
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion EtH View Post
Cool it's good to know mine won't be converted to GC cause I won it 2 months earlier.
Nobody's agreed to convert them yet but I feel ya.

The reason I'm against converting Throwdowns (Seasonal's 2.0) is because I think I get the concept behind them. It's to fill the schedule between the other established Text Tournaments (Scheme, Concept, Topical, Tag Team & One Bar) and it especially helps Audio (Scheme, Concept & Tag Team) fill the side up. People have argued about having too many tournaments but now-a-days people are almost exclusively participating in tournaments so why not have 1 once a month?

I'm on @Manhattan 's side of the argument too about handing out too many GC's out but we should at least have 2, it's essentially crowning someone the best battler, so once a year seems stingy to me, luck changes and so does skill, so one shot at it seems like it deter someone from staying on the site.

It would be interesting too to run a few tournaments on Discord in conjunction with those on site. For example: Concept battles could be posted and Discord users can vote on them, find out people's favorites battles of the rounds, put like "Voted Battle of the Round by LB Discord" on them. Best Concept Bar could be voted every round, which necessarily doesn't have to be the winners so someone new could win it every time.

Audio Tournaments could be run live via Discord and then have the battlers record their verses and post them on LB to vote on who won, after polishing up a bit of course.

Back to my original question, I thought it'd make sense to change Summer & Winter Champions to GC's since they're not being run anymore (Less titles to know) and Bleu & Seul won $250 each tournament they won (Hope you did too @Lockhart I don't know if you did) so I think they deserve another GC rather then a purple dead title.