Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

General thoughts: I just don't see the blind voting working on implementation. That means 0 personal bars or name flips. Plus, it's still pretty easy to decipher who's who based on their style. ( Most can easily tell a Saiyan verse from a Shodan verse from a RULE verse from a etc.). To me, it just doesn't make sense.

Plus, the only reason this type of system would be needed in the first place would be if people were A) buddy voting - suppose this is happening, someone could theoretically still tell their buddies which verse they were anyway, or B) voting for names - which, I'll admit might sometimes come into play but in general I really think if you dug into it, this truly influences the outcomes of a microscopic % of battles, if any. So in that case, changing to blind voting with that tiny pro at the expense of all the cons listed above just doesn't make sense.

Forced voting, just nah man. It's just not a good idea. People already don't vote enough, now we want to restrict which battles they can and can't vote on? Just can't imagine any way that increases voting.

Here's a suggestion that doesn't really radically effect the voting ecosystem on LB. Go back to how it was, make credits worth a damn. Make it cost credits to battle, and a new addition: make it cost credits to enter tournaments, make it cost credits to drop a song, whatever. And make the only way to get credits voting. The way it was before made perfect sense. You got 1 credit per vote and needed 3 credits to battle, so for every 1 of your own battles, you had voted on 3 others, meaning you had a net positive effect on the site in terms of battles vs votes. I know you changed it before because there was a "lack of battles" but that has nothing to really do with the cost of battles, that's just the activity of the site. It's a battle rap site, people are here to battle rap. (Most of us, anyway).
Unread 02-20-2020, 11:25 PM   #78

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)

General thoughts: I just don't see the blind voting working on implementation. That means 0 personal bars or name flips. Plus, it's still pretty easy to decipher who's who based on their style. ( Most can easily tell a Saiyan verse from a Shodan verse from a RULE verse from a etc.). To me, it just doesn't make sense.

Plus, the only reason this type of system would be needed in the first place would be if people were A) buddy voting - suppose this is happening, someone could theoretically still tell their buddies which verse they were anyway, or B) voting for names - which, I'll admit might sometimes come into play but in general I really think if you dug into it, this truly influences the outcomes of a microscopic % of battles, if any. So in that case, changing to blind voting with that tiny pro at the expense of all the cons listed above just doesn't make sense.

Forced voting, just nah man. It's just not a good idea. People already don't vote enough, now we want to restrict which battles they can and can't vote on? Just can't imagine any way that increases voting.

Here's a suggestion that doesn't really radically effect the voting ecosystem on LB. Go back to how it was, make credits worth a damn. Make it cost credits to battle, and a new addition: make it cost credits to enter tournaments, make it cost credits to drop a song, whatever. And make the only way to get credits voting. The way it was before made perfect sense. You got 1 credit per vote and needed 3 credits to battle, so for every 1 of your own battles, you had voted on 3 others, meaning you had a net positive effect on the site in terms of battles vs votes. I know you changed it before because there was a "lack of battles" but that has nothing to really do with the cost of battles, that's just the activity of the site. It's a battle rap site, people are here to battle rap. (Most of us, anyway).