View Single Post
Unread 02-20-2020, 10:14 PM
Guts
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i used to be a huge advocate for double blind voting or w/e but i've learned it can't be done. and that's because when two battlers are setting up a battle they'll write bars against each other, personals, and through this, we'd know who the battlers were.

also, for even sniping, the sniper would use name flips, and would most likely give away the person who had posted the blind w/o revealing himself, which gives the sniper an even larger advantage.

forced voting is cool and all, but it could push users away, like, they might just stop logging in.

improving voting means we work on educating our userbase, and that means, we need to focus on the human element of this problem, which i know you're not a fan of. but in all honesty, there'll be no way to automate a good vote.

also, for low skill battler complaining, this should just be ignored. i don't want to make them feel ignored, or come off as an elitist, but when gordan ramsey says your city diner is shit, and you say he's an idiot, i mean, the situation is clear. it's the same here.
Unread 02-20-2020, 10:14 PM   #75

Guts

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i used to be a huge advocate for double blind voting or w/e but i've learned it can't be done. and that's because when two battlers are setting up a battle they'll write bars against each other, personals, and through this, we'd know who the battlers were.

also, for even sniping, the sniper would use name flips, and would most likely give away the person who had posted the blind w/o revealing himself, which gives the sniper an even larger advantage.

forced voting is cool and all, but it could push users away, like, they might just stop logging in.

improving voting means we work on educating our userbase, and that means, we need to focus on the human element of this problem, which i know you're not a fan of. but in all honesty, there'll be no way to automate a good vote.

also, for low skill battler complaining, this should just be ignored. i don't want to make them feel ignored, or come off as an elitist, but when gordan ramsey says your city diner is shit, and you say he's an idiot, i mean, the situation is clear. it's the same here.