View Single Post
Unread 11-13-2020, 05:22 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Yeah I agree. I think the problem is not that its too easy to qualify, but that too few people are actually trying to. We struggled to get 16 people for the Fall Throwdown, and a bunch of those didn't even show. Of those there were only two entrants that had even been in a tourney final before. I think experienced, top-level guys are really light on the ground at the moment, and even the ones that are around aren't participating in tourneys. It's great because it gives newer people, or people that have been battling a long time with no tourney success, a chance to have some nice runs and make it far in the brackets, but it does definitely undermine the importance of the titles. idk what to do about it tho
Unread 11-13-2020, 05:22 PM   #2

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

Yeah I agree. I think the problem is not that its too easy to qualify, but that too few people are actually trying to. We struggled to get 16 people for the Fall Throwdown, and a bunch of those didn't even show. Of those there were only two entrants that had even been in a tourney final before. I think experienced, top-level guys are really light on the ground at the moment, and even the ones that are around aren't participating in tourneys. It's great because it gives newer people, or people that have been battling a long time with no tourney success, a chance to have some nice runs and make it far in the brackets, but it does definitely undermine the importance of the titles. idk what to do about it tho