View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2020, 09:54 AM
GOOD GRIEF
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

One thing that Modern LB lacks is style tbh. It’s turned into an essay writing competion because the day you start delving into grammar is the day you’re no longer critiquing a battle rap verse. No ones taking risk anymore.

Y’all roast Grizz and Diss (which they sometimes deserve) but if I put their verses next to each other I could pick out each without reading their names. They had individual flair.

The harshness of modern voting has led to calculated and artificial styles. Not a lot of flavor. The expectations of voters evolving through the years is expected and encourage but ever since I’ve gotten back in some instances it’s taken too far tbh.

And @EtH what’s your problem with gun bars? They’re a part of battle culture. They’re about as ridiculous as you saying you’re going to fuck someone’s mom or beat them up. Yeah you could argue you’re more likely to fuck someone’s mom than kill them but besides saying their skills are trash or talking about something dumb they did in the past most insults in battle are empty threats or created narratives.

You REALLY want to go meta about this shit?

Last edited by GOOD GRIEF; 04-02-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Unread 04-02-2020, 09:54 AM   #39

GOOD GRIEF
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 8 audio / 155 text
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)

One thing that Modern LB lacks is style tbh. It’s turned into an essay writing competion because the day you start delving into grammar is the day you’re no longer critiquing a battle rap verse. No ones taking risk anymore.

Y’all roast Grizz and Diss (which they sometimes deserve) but if I put their verses next to each other I could pick out each without reading their names. They had individual flair.

The harshness of modern voting has led to calculated and artificial styles. Not a lot of flavor. The expectations of voters evolving through the years is expected and encourage but ever since I’ve gotten back in some instances it’s taken too far tbh.

And @EtH what’s your problem with gun bars? They’re a part of battle culture. They’re about as ridiculous as you saying you’re going to fuck someone’s mom or beat them up. Yeah you could argue you’re more likely to fuck someone’s mom than kill them but besides saying their skills are trash or talking about something dumb they did in the past most insults in battle are empty threats or created narratives.

You REALLY want to go meta about this shit?

Last edited by GOOD GRIEF; 04-02-2020 at 09:58 AM.