View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:11 AM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Regardless of the fact that I'd easily beat the Coree Warpath, Olde English, WarTank, DReppin etc. guys of the world, and probably beat the UAs, RT's etc. now, I don't think anyone uses me as the measuring stick.

I think if they did, they'd have a stronger view of the older generation. No one is reading my verses thinking "EtH's spitting that old head shit". I think anyone would consider me to be competitive now, and as a result they don't consider me to be using "old material".

I think looking back and picking out bad bars, like guys like Esso or Rieper might do, is bullshit because it's a complete lack of knowledge on evolution. Royce Gracie would get fucking smashed by MMA fighters now, but it's because of the questions he raised that people got to where they are now. The reason guys like UA, Illy or Real Talk might seem a bit basic, or might have their multis not 100%, is because standards continuously evolve. As none of them battled from 2012 onwards really, they didn't get the opportunity to evolve alongside it.

Someone like Lock looked at the shit RULE, Grizz, Dissizit, Pulse, Rican etc. were spitting, which was the top generation when he joined, and wanted to evolve beyond that. As a result, he's much better than all of those. RULE did the same when he tried to evolve beyond the shit Askari, UA, Illy etc. were writing.

It's a constant evolution of everything getting better and better. Standards on LB have dipped now as there are less people that have really went through this evolution. If Esso and Riep dip now, someone who's a bit shit like Rant will win a GC and become the new measuring stick for new members, so in our current state the quality is actually falling off a little bit.

It doesn't help when lower mid carders like Rain come back, spit wack stuff and then claim everyone is hating and/or don't understand when they lose convincingly.
@mcg#3451

Last edited by EtH; 04-02-2020 at 08:14 AM.
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:11 AM   #35

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)

Regardless of the fact that I'd easily beat the Coree Warpath, Olde English, WarTank, DReppin etc. guys of the world, and probably beat the UAs, RT's etc. now, I don't think anyone uses me as the measuring stick.

I think if they did, they'd have a stronger view of the older generation. No one is reading my verses thinking "EtH's spitting that old head shit". I think anyone would consider me to be competitive now, and as a result they don't consider me to be using "old material".

I think looking back and picking out bad bars, like guys like Esso or Rieper might do, is bullshit because it's a complete lack of knowledge on evolution. Royce Gracie would get fucking smashed by MMA fighters now, but it's because of the questions he raised that people got to where they are now. The reason guys like UA, Illy or Real Talk might seem a bit basic, or might have their multis not 100%, is because standards continuously evolve. As none of them battled from 2012 onwards really, they didn't get the opportunity to evolve alongside it.

Someone like Lock looked at the shit RULE, Grizz, Dissizit, Pulse, Rican etc. were spitting, which was the top generation when he joined, and wanted to evolve beyond that. As a result, he's much better than all of those. RULE did the same when he tried to evolve beyond the shit Askari, UA, Illy etc. were writing.

It's a constant evolution of everything getting better and better. Standards on LB have dipped now as there are less people that have really went through this evolution. If Esso and Riep dip now, someone who's a bit shit like Rant will win a GC and become the new measuring stick for new members, so in our current state the quality is actually falling off a little bit.

It doesn't help when lower mid carders like Rain come back, spit wack stuff and then claim everyone is hating and/or don't understand when they lose convincingly.
@mcg#3451

Last edited by EtH; 04-02-2020 at 08:14 AM.