View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2020, 05:47 AM
Nicholas
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Y’all? Im not sure I know who this y’all you speak of are. Me? If I call a bar trash in IMs, I’ll call it trash to someone directly. This is a site where people publicly display their work. Just like any other publicly displayed art form, it will be criticized harshly at times. This OP was about how good the guy Nawkout is. Are we not allowed to disagree? That’s what the forum is for, man. You seem to be taking this as an attack on the old school as a whole and that’s clearly not the case. Nobody’s in these threads trashing Left Field or Illimit or Jason cuz even though that style isnt effective anymore for the most part they didn’t write corny shit. And nobody’s shitting on dude just because it’s old...we rip today’s members just as bad for their missteps. Just ask Saiyan. Haha. If you looked at that bar that was quoted from the link in this thread in a vacuum and didn’t call it dumpster juice, I’d question your judgement. The fact you can only use nostalgia to defend it should say something.
There are teenagers that can run 100m in 11 seconds now, but they aren't gold medal winners. Judging old school bars by today's standards is a false dichotomy. It gives some people an ego boost though so go figure.
Unread 04-02-2020, 05:47 AM   #33

Nicholas

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Y’all? Im not sure I know who this y’all you speak of are. Me? If I call a bar trash in IMs, I’ll call it trash to someone directly. This is a site where people publicly display their work. Just like any other publicly displayed art form, it will be criticized harshly at times. This OP was about how good the guy Nawkout is. Are we not allowed to disagree? That’s what the forum is for, man. You seem to be taking this as an attack on the old school as a whole and that’s clearly not the case. Nobody’s in these threads trashing Left Field or Illimit or Jason cuz even though that style isnt effective anymore for the most part they didn’t write corny shit. And nobody’s shitting on dude just because it’s old...we rip today’s members just as bad for their missteps. Just ask Saiyan. Haha. If you looked at that bar that was quoted from the link in this thread in a vacuum and didn’t call it dumpster juice, I’d question your judgement. The fact you can only use nostalgia to defend it should say something.
There are teenagers that can run 100m in 11 seconds now, but they aren't gold medal winners. Judging old school bars by today's standards is a false dichotomy. It gives some people an ego boost though so go figure.