View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2017, 05:58 PM
Dirty Work
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
76 Won / 36 Lost

I'm with @punk and @Aggo on this one for the most part. Punk's math is a bit strange, wanting it to be only 2 VP and 0 VP. Shodan is absolutely correct about 2 VP being functionally the same as 1 VP in this case.
This is always an exhausting conversation because there are so many angles on it and it seems like no two people ever have the same exact vision.
I've always thought that everyone is trying too hard to mitigate bad votes and control outcomes. I say just have everybody's vote count as one vote and let the chips fall where they may, with nobody at 0 or more than 1. But when I listen to people's gripe about all the hate voting and the voters who don't even read the battle, for example, it starts to make sense that they would want to have a system to curb that a bit.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of only having the options of 0 and 1 VP across the board, mods included. Adding a 2 VP option (0,1 and 2) may be a good compromise for people like @Bleu who understandably want at least a bit more to work with.
If we are going to keep it 0-4, then we should at least open up the 3 VP which is not even being used and give it to a good amount of people to balance things out. We should also give 4 VP to some members, not just mods, though more sparingly.

Edit: @Son of Dubai
Unread 11-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #40

Dirty Work
Estimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
76 Won / 36 Lost

Voted: 17 audio / 386 text
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

I'm with @punk and @Aggo on this one for the most part. Punk's math is a bit strange, wanting it to be only 2 VP and 0 VP. Shodan is absolutely correct about 2 VP being functionally the same as 1 VP in this case.
This is always an exhausting conversation because there are so many angles on it and it seems like no two people ever have the same exact vision.
I've always thought that everyone is trying too hard to mitigate bad votes and control outcomes. I say just have everybody's vote count as one vote and let the chips fall where they may, with nobody at 0 or more than 1. But when I listen to people's gripe about all the hate voting and the voters who don't even read the battle, for example, it starts to make sense that they would want to have a system to curb that a bit.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of only having the options of 0 and 1 VP across the board, mods included. Adding a 2 VP option (0,1 and 2) may be a good compromise for people like @Bleu who understandably want at least a bit more to work with.
If we are going to keep it 0-4, then we should at least open up the 3 VP which is not even being used and give it to a good amount of people to balance things out. We should also give 4 VP to some members, not just mods, though more sparingly.

Edit: @Son of Dubai