View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2017, 03:05 PM
Nicholas
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Dubai View Post
That’s why it’s the mods job to delete those type of votes. We’ve gotten lazy and just started handing people 0 VP so we can take some work off our plates. If those people had 2 vp, voting like complete idiots, there would be more work for the staff which we should have. If they continue to vote that way, they get infracted, or banned. But ya mods really don’t have much work to do on here lol.
It took me about 20 minutes earlier to go through one users voting history and delete the votes. It would take me 20 seconds to lower their VP to 0. In the same 20 minutes I could update all of the LBA/LBT threads, vote on several battles etc. And that was just one user.

I don't think it's laziness I just don't think deleting votes instead of lowering VP is a good time investment especially when all new users automatically get 2 VP. Whether you think that's right or wrong it's not going to change soon as it would require an admin to make a change to the code.

The first user didn't break the rules so it's hard to issue a ban for that. There was talk of implementing a minimum character limit on the voting boxes but it never happened. Again though, lets not hold out hope for code changes and do nothing in the meantime.

Do you have a better suggestion than 3 VP for Staff, sliding scale of 0 - 3 VP for members? If we can get a few suggestions we can poll it in the staff forum and implement. Let's refrain from changes that require coding until X is active again and focus on the immediate changes we can make.
Unread 11-29-2017, 03:05 PM   #33

Nicholas

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Dubai View Post
That’s why it’s the mods job to delete those type of votes. We’ve gotten lazy and just started handing people 0 VP so we can take some work off our plates. If those people had 2 vp, voting like complete idiots, there would be more work for the staff which we should have. If they continue to vote that way, they get infracted, or banned. But ya mods really don’t have much work to do on here lol.
It took me about 20 minutes earlier to go through one users voting history and delete the votes. It would take me 20 seconds to lower their VP to 0. In the same 20 minutes I could update all of the LBA/LBT threads, vote on several battles etc. And that was just one user.

I don't think it's laziness I just don't think deleting votes instead of lowering VP is a good time investment especially when all new users automatically get 2 VP. Whether you think that's right or wrong it's not going to change soon as it would require an admin to make a change to the code.

The first user didn't break the rules so it's hard to issue a ban for that. There was talk of implementing a minimum character limit on the voting boxes but it never happened. Again though, lets not hold out hope for code changes and do nothing in the meantime.

Do you have a better suggestion than 3 VP for Staff, sliding scale of 0 - 3 VP for members? If we can get a few suggestions we can poll it in the staff forum and implement. Let's refrain from changes that require coding until X is active again and focus on the immediate changes we can make.