View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2014, 03:32 PM
The Ghost of Freak
Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
124 Won / 135 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 29 Lost

This was a GREAT triple grand champ TOPICAL battle! Real close and real good work by all competitors, making for all around good reads.

1st @M U G G Z , I enjoyed and appreciated your narrative coming from the perspective of being the planet. You captured the social and ecological damages that humans inflict upon our world. Rhyme scheme was solid. I thought you also did very well capturing the image… arguably the best on that point. You wrote a real solid and enjoyable topical piece… props.

2nd @Dono , I enjoyed the analogy between relational impasses/failures and the image/idea of worlds colliding. Very interesting interpretation that was unique. I think you have super solid scheme structure from your long experience, but felt that some lines were more forced into the topic than others. I feel as if your italic lines having to do more with the image took a secondary status to the relational part, which was where you took a risk of thinking outside the face value of the given image…. sort of a double edged sword. Yet, your topical pieces are always enjoyable, so props regardless.

3rd @mcjewfro , I think you captured the best of both worlds with your piece giving you an edge over your two topical opponents. You captured the social, political, and ecological nature of the planet's destruction, but did so while including a narrative from the perspective of this individual Defense Secretary, Sam Wallace. I feel your rhyme scheme was solid, but maybe could have been presented differently as far as formatting is concerned (but I am not factoring that into my vote too much). Really nice read, well done sir.

MVGT @mcjewfro
Unread 01-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #9

The Ghost of Freak
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
124 Won / 135 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 29 Lost

Voted: 481 audio / 231 text
Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)

This was a GREAT triple grand champ TOPICAL battle! Real close and real good work by all competitors, making for all around good reads.

1st @M U G G Z , I enjoyed and appreciated your narrative coming from the perspective of being the planet. You captured the social and ecological damages that humans inflict upon our world. Rhyme scheme was solid. I thought you also did very well capturing the image… arguably the best on that point. You wrote a real solid and enjoyable topical piece… props.

2nd @Dono , I enjoyed the analogy between relational impasses/failures and the image/idea of worlds colliding. Very interesting interpretation that was unique. I think you have super solid scheme structure from your long experience, but felt that some lines were more forced into the topic than others. I feel as if your italic lines having to do more with the image took a secondary status to the relational part, which was where you took a risk of thinking outside the face value of the given image…. sort of a double edged sword. Yet, your topical pieces are always enjoyable, so props regardless.

3rd @mcjewfro , I think you captured the best of both worlds with your piece giving you an edge over your two topical opponents. You captured the social, political, and ecological nature of the planet's destruction, but did so while including a narrative from the perspective of this individual Defense Secretary, Sam Wallace. I feel your rhyme scheme was solid, but maybe could have been presented differently as far as formatting is concerned (but I am not factoring that into my vote too much). Really nice read, well done sir.

MVGT @mcjewfro