View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Teek
<TKe>
Mentioned: 330 Post(s)
Tagged: 20 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Teek Send a message via MSN to Teek Send a message via Yahoo to Teek
Estimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 35 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

VOTED@TalkSick vs @~SHINIGAMI~VOTED
(http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=443062)
TalkSick: BadHabitz: 3 / ***Olde Concepts: 6
~SHINIGAMI~: BadHabitz: 4 / Olde Concepts: 6
Expo: Both did well in their expos. I would have liked something a little less vague when it came around to BadHabitz. Remember, newer people probably need the most help and criticism. Just saying "You just need more help, go research" kind of dropped the ball. In general, TalkSick gave a slightly more specific breakdown of Olde's issues.
Pick: TalkSick
----------------------------
VOTED@ILLoKWENT™ vs @Skilligan™VOTED
(http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=443019)
Skilligan™: ***-Z0NE-: 5 / tkarn6420: 2
ILLoKWENT™: ***-Z0NE-: 5 / tkarn6420: 3
Expo: Skilligan, I felt your expo lacked specific educational help that could be taken away and used by tcarn. You list obvious generalities, but if the kids new, he may not even know half of those terms. By pointing out specific spots in his verse and describing how to change them with examples, he may be more inclined to step up his game. Overall your expo was nice, I'm just nitpicking and trying to encourage certain practices. By doing so, perhaps we can stop directing people elsewhere and just help them ourselves.
Illokwent, much more specific when helping out basic verses. I felt you did well in your expo in general for both battlers.
Scoring was fair by both, so not much of a factor.
Pick Illokwent
-------------------------
VOTED@Erupt vs @DaveVOTED
(http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=443030)
Dave: ***Olde Concepts: 5 / Oversoul: 1
Erupt: ***Olde Concepts: 4 / Oversoul: 3
Expo: While I felt both verses addressed the specific issues from each battler, I felt Erupt's expo was more concise and easier to read. I also felt that Erupt's scoring was more appropriate for that battle. Dave had a nice expo, but was too negatively toned in spots and the third section really wasn't needed at all.
Pick Erupt
-------------------------------
VOTED@BP Pride vs @StudentVOTED
(http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=443031)
BP Pride: 956-D-town chino: 3 / ***Blacc Mamba: 5
Student: 956-D-town chino: 3 / Blacc Mamba: 5
Expo: BP Pride didn't address either battler directly so any issues he spoke about, neither of the battlers would know who he was talking to. If you had just addressed each battler, your whole expo, it would have been much stronger, but unfortunately, it did little for either. In the future, do this on any battle. The whole vague, cloaked in mystery battle expo just doesn't work. Student's Expo was much more informative, specific and directed at each person so they knew what he was saying about them. Overall, props to you both, but Student clearly stood out in this one.
Pick: Student
---------------------------------

VOTED@Fiji Osa vs @UnyqeVOTED
(http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=442996)
Fiji Osa: PRESSURE519: 3 / ***Xplissit: 6
Unyqe: PRESSURE519: 2 /*** Xplissit: 5
Expo: Unyqe, your expo was fairly vague and basic. Also, directing people to other help is a cop out that fails in 2 parts: YOU aren't helping, you're directing. LINKS don't work in expos, so when they copy n paste the link into a browser, they have to bother going through the link re-attaching it so it will work. Most people won't take that much effort so they lose out on your expertise, as well as that of where you directed them.
Fiji Osa: Nore specific and informative in your expo. I didn't like the "Look at this link" stuff for the same reasons I bashed Unyqe for. I also think your expo should focus only on the verse at hand and not bring up other battles. I got what you were getting at, but from an outside appearance like if I was some new kid and I see that, it may feel shady or bias, even if it isn't.
Overall I believe Fiji Osa produced more to fulfil what I was looking for in a expo, but both still lacked in points.
Pick: Fiji Osa

Last edited by Teek; 08-02-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #22

Teek
<TKe>
Estimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.51/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 35 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 418 text
Mentioned: 330 Post(s)
Tagged: 20 Thread(s)

Send a message via AIM to Teek Send a message via MSN to Teek Send a message via Yahoo to Teek

VOTED@TalkSick vs @~SHINIGAMI~VOTED
(http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=443062)
TalkSick: BadHabitz: 3 / ***Olde Concepts: 6
~SHINIGAMI~: BadHabitz: 4 / Olde Concepts: 6
Expo: Both did well in their expos. I would have liked something a little less vague when it came around to BadHabitz. Remember, newer people probably need the most help and criticism. Just saying "You just need more help, go research" kind of dropped the ball. In general, TalkSick gave a slightly more specific breakdown of Olde's issues.
Pick: TalkSick
----------------------------
VOTED@ILLoKWENT™ vs @Skilligan™VOTED
(http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=443019)
Skilligan™: ***-Z0NE-: 5 / tkarn6420: 2
ILLoKWENT™: ***-Z0NE-: 5 / tkarn6420: 3
Expo: Skilligan, I felt your expo lacked specific educational help that could be taken away and used by tcarn. You list obvious generalities, but if the kids new, he may not even know half of those terms. By pointing out specific spots in his verse and describing how to change them with examples, he may be more inclined to step up his game. Overall your expo was nice, I'm just nitpicking and trying to encourage certain practices. By doing so, perhaps we can stop directing people elsewhere and just help them ourselves.
Illokwent, much more specific when helping out basic verses. I felt you did well in your expo in general for both battlers.
Scoring was fair by both, so not much of a factor.
Pick Illokwent
-------------------------
VOTED@Erupt vs @DaveVOTED
(http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=443030)
Dave: ***Olde Concepts: 5 / Oversoul: 1
Erupt: ***Olde Concepts: 4 / Oversoul: 3
Expo: While I felt both verses addressed the specific issues from each battler, I felt Erupt's expo was more concise and easier to read. I also felt that Erupt's scoring was more appropriate for that battle. Dave had a nice expo, but was too negatively toned in spots and the third section really wasn't needed at all.
Pick Erupt
-------------------------------
VOTED@BP Pride vs @StudentVOTED
(http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=443031)
BP Pride: 956-D-town chino: 3 / ***Blacc Mamba: 5
Student: 956-D-town chino: 3 / Blacc Mamba: 5
Expo: BP Pride didn't address either battler directly so any issues he spoke about, neither of the battlers would know who he was talking to. If you had just addressed each battler, your whole expo, it would have been much stronger, but unfortunately, it did little for either. In the future, do this on any battle. The whole vague, cloaked in mystery battle expo just doesn't work. Student's Expo was much more informative, specific and directed at each person so they knew what he was saying about them. Overall, props to you both, but Student clearly stood out in this one.
Pick: Student
---------------------------------

VOTED@Fiji Osa vs @UnyqeVOTED
(http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=442996)
Fiji Osa: PRESSURE519: 3 / ***Xplissit: 6
Unyqe: PRESSURE519: 2 /*** Xplissit: 5
Expo: Unyqe, your expo was fairly vague and basic. Also, directing people to other help is a cop out that fails in 2 parts: YOU aren't helping, you're directing. LINKS don't work in expos, so when they copy n paste the link into a browser, they have to bother going through the link re-attaching it so it will work. Most people won't take that much effort so they lose out on your expertise, as well as that of where you directed them.
Fiji Osa: Nore specific and informative in your expo. I didn't like the "Look at this link" stuff for the same reasons I bashed Unyqe for. I also think your expo should focus only on the verse at hand and not bring up other battles. I got what you were getting at, but from an outside appearance like if I was some new kid and I see that, it may feel shady or bias, even if it isn't.
Overall I believe Fiji Osa produced more to fulfil what I was looking for in a expo, but both still lacked in points.
Pick: Fiji Osa

Last edited by Teek; 08-02-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote