Thread: MMA or Boxing?
View Single Post
Unread 12-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The mohawk probably, but he looks nothing like Liddell. You need to scope those Iceman shorts out Rant!

99% of people hate Rig. I was a huge fan in his early career, KOing Willie Casey and stuff, but he stopped KOing people the higher up he got. Easily one of the best on the planet though.

I don't mean people would win or lose in the other sport. What I mean is that a boxer wouldn't look as TECHNICAL in MMA. It's not a situation of MMA fighters not being able to box. It's the format they are boxing in. The gloves make a huge difference. Having to think of other aspects make a huge difference. I'm sure MMA fighters would look a lot sharper if you put them in boxing. I know they've both exclusively fought nobodies, but Kimbo and Fabio Maldonado are undefeated in boxing yet in MMA they look really sloppy with their punches.

I prefer the brutality of a well landed punch in MMA compared to the slickness of a well landed punch in boxing. The fights are MUCH more competitive in MMA (due to the lack of interdependency for fighters) and the best HAVE to fight the best.
Unread 12-18-2014, 05:32 PM   #85

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The mohawk probably, but he looks nothing like Liddell. You need to scope those Iceman shorts out Rant!

99% of people hate Rig. I was a huge fan in his early career, KOing Willie Casey and stuff, but he stopped KOing people the higher up he got. Easily one of the best on the planet though.

I don't mean people would win or lose in the other sport. What I mean is that a boxer wouldn't look as TECHNICAL in MMA. It's not a situation of MMA fighters not being able to box. It's the format they are boxing in. The gloves make a huge difference. Having to think of other aspects make a huge difference. I'm sure MMA fighters would look a lot sharper if you put them in boxing. I know they've both exclusively fought nobodies, but Kimbo and Fabio Maldonado are undefeated in boxing yet in MMA they look really sloppy with their punches.

I prefer the brutality of a well landed punch in MMA compared to the slickness of a well landed punch in boxing. The fights are MUCH more competitive in MMA (due to the lack of interdependency for fighters) and the best HAVE to fight the best.