View Single Post
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:11 AM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
NOBLE, but these people put the Trayvon shit on twitter and not anything about a white teen dying. Whither or not they have actually been annoyed by a white teen dying or not, they have never taken it to the public platform that they have here. To me, it's just racism.#
Its possible that at least some of those particular people are talking about Trayvon RIGHT NOW and not a white teen dying because that's what's being covered in the news media and brought to their attention RIGHT NOW. Personally, I'm not aware of any white teen dying or a related trial that's as big or being covered to the same extent by the media at this particular moment. So if anyone (white or black) is talking about the Trayvon Martin case, I'm not going to assume that they're only doing it because of racial motivations.
Listen...I could sign up on twitter right now ( I don't have an account yet) and let's say the first 10 people I meet all happen to be white and flipping idiots. If I then come here and , based on my experience on twitter with that limited group, say "why are white people such flipping idiots?" Won't that be such an ignorant and stupid statement to make? Those 10 particular white twitterers can never represent ALL white people so any attempt to characterize "white people" based on my personal experience with that limited group would be a gross generalization. Sorry if I lost my cool a bit earlier, but that is just my opinion. I respect your opinion as well.
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #24

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
NOBLE, but these people put the Trayvon shit on twitter and not anything about a white teen dying. Whither or not they have actually been annoyed by a white teen dying or not, they have never taken it to the public platform that they have here. To me, it's just racism.#
Its possible that at least some of those particular people are talking about Trayvon RIGHT NOW and not a white teen dying because that's what's being covered in the news media and brought to their attention RIGHT NOW. Personally, I'm not aware of any white teen dying or a related trial that's as big or being covered to the same extent by the media at this particular moment. So if anyone (white or black) is talking about the Trayvon Martin case, I'm not going to assume that they're only doing it because of racial motivations.
Listen...I could sign up on twitter right now ( I don't have an account yet) and let's say the first 10 people I meet all happen to be white and flipping idiots. If I then come here and , based on my experience on twitter with that limited group, say "why are white people such flipping idiots?" Won't that be such an ignorant and stupid statement to make? Those 10 particular white twitterers can never represent ALL white people so any attempt to characterize "white people" based on my personal experience with that limited group would be a gross generalization. Sorry if I lost my cool a bit earlier, but that is just my opinion. I respect your opinion as well.