Thread: Battle To Ashes
View Single Post
Unread 11-20-2020, 01:44 AM
B U R D E N B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
The Raw Talent
Mentioned: 572 Post(s)
Tagged: 29 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
214 Won / 110 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
ok.. so.

Firstly i've to ask, what is it about the flames and/or people having them that you don't like?

Secondly, ^^that IS forcing a member to do something, which can't be done. You can't demand someone battle, if not their going to be punished, which is ultimately what you're suggesting. "Battle or lose the flames, tough shit".

As for the battle arena not having as many top tier battlers, Thats due to a number of things, though mainly that online forum battling isn't as popular as it was years ago. That's the bottom line of it. So if someone faces five illiterate fucks, it's not Really their fault, unless they're doing a Bnas, that the competition isn't up to par. Then to suggest that due to there being a lack of good battlers, they then must be forced into a battle to retain their flames or lose them ie being punished due to lack of competition isn't really a strategy one would see working out for a site that wants to retain what little activity it still has.
I don't care at all who has the flames, I'm simply just trying to help the site by throwing out an idea. I get what ya saying & see the points you made. I do think that it could be done, if you put feelings aside, cause at the end of the day those people would be getting upset for what? The fact that they can't just sit on 10 snipes and hold flames. I don't think any top tier member w flames would have an issue w this but I could be completely wrong.

They low amount of talent is an issue for this idea, like you said, so that would take some thought. There'd just be a lot of matches w lower tier members, which would be fine. It could hurt activity at the end of the day though, considering how sensitive people like to be, they might lose their shit if they're put in a position of competition on a battle site.

Unread 11-20-2020, 01:44 AM   #25

B U R D E N B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!B U R D E N is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
The Raw Talent
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.47/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
5 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.24/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
214 Won / 110 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 47 audio / 603 text
Mentioned: 572 Post(s)
Tagged: 29 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
ok.. so.

Firstly i've to ask, what is it about the flames and/or people having them that you don't like?

Secondly, ^^that IS forcing a member to do something, which can't be done. You can't demand someone battle, if not their going to be punished, which is ultimately what you're suggesting. "Battle or lose the flames, tough shit".

As for the battle arena not having as many top tier battlers, Thats due to a number of things, though mainly that online forum battling isn't as popular as it was years ago. That's the bottom line of it. So if someone faces five illiterate fucks, it's not Really their fault, unless they're doing a Bnas, that the competition isn't up to par. Then to suggest that due to there being a lack of good battlers, they then must be forced into a battle to retain their flames or lose them ie being punished due to lack of competition isn't really a strategy one would see working out for a site that wants to retain what little activity it still has.
I don't care at all who has the flames, I'm simply just trying to help the site by throwing out an idea. I get what ya saying & see the points you made. I do think that it could be done, if you put feelings aside, cause at the end of the day those people would be getting upset for what? The fact that they can't just sit on 10 snipes and hold flames. I don't think any top tier member w flames would have an issue w this but I could be completely wrong.

They low amount of talent is an issue for this idea, like you said, so that would take some thought. There'd just be a lot of matches w lower tier members, which would be fine. It could hurt activity at the end of the day though, considering how sensitive people like to be, they might lose their shit if they're put in a position of competition on a battle site.