View Single Post
Unread 02-29-2020, 03:23 PM
GOOD GRIEF
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
Then I'd have to disagree. I think someone can be a guest in Hip Hop, but I don't think it has anything to do with race. B-Dot and Lord Jamar probably think of Hip Hop as "black music," and in that sense, they view anyone who isn't black doing Hip Hop as being a guest. I would disagree with that as well.
Although I agree with you about Race not being a factor as far as “guest” I have to strongly disagree with you about how hip hop isn’t black music.

Cause it is. Idk what you or most people in this thread are but it comes from black culture. Idc how many American animation studios create good anime... it’s still a JAPANESE art style. I’m all for freedom against race labels but this is where the line is.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I know that might not be YOU saying that as I realize you’re more so quoting Jamar, but just in case anyone else even implies it isn’t, I just want to make that clear now @NOBLE
Unread 02-29-2020, 03:23 PM   #8

GOOD GRIEF
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 8 audio / 155 text
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
Then I'd have to disagree. I think someone can be a guest in Hip Hop, but I don't think it has anything to do with race. B-Dot and Lord Jamar probably think of Hip Hop as "black music," and in that sense, they view anyone who isn't black doing Hip Hop as being a guest. I would disagree with that as well.
Although I agree with you about Race not being a factor as far as “guest” I have to strongly disagree with you about how hip hop isn’t black music.

Cause it is. Idk what you or most people in this thread are but it comes from black culture. Idc how many American animation studios create good anime... it’s still a JAPANESE art style. I’m all for freedom against race labels but this is where the line is.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I know that might not be YOU saying that as I realize you’re more so quoting Jamar, but just in case anyone else even implies it isn’t, I just want to make that clear now @NOBLE