View Single Post
Unread 05-03-2020, 10:29 PM
GOOD GRIEF
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan™ View Post
The FVC needs to step it up.

Personally, I personally believe Letsbeef keeps making the same mistakes and voting people into these groups via polls and popularity contests, and who we think in the moment deserves to be there.

Not knocking the current members, but FVC selections would have been better if mods never advertised for it, and instead sat back and watched who was the most active and detailed with their votes. What I'm saying is backed by facts.

Only 1 of the FVC has over 10 votes since being inducted, and the top 4 voters of the site (Obviously Saaxxx with over 100 votes) aren't FVC members.

Rickey Lahey just quit because of a lack of voting. I hate to be "that" dude but I'm a longtime FVC member and I don't like what its become.
Saii I'm glad youre taking a more diplomatic approach in the threads but this was pretty much a callout. Lol but I'll bite

First, if the people had no say about FVC it would probably be left to mod decision. Thing is... whenever mods start making too many decisions people start belly aching about democracy and what not but hey, i see your point. But the popularity aspect isn't all that fair. "Popular" members earned their popularity through good battling, experience, voting, and an overall solid standing in the sites eyes. They earned that. I recognize guys like Saax and Rick who show great initiative in voting and skill improvement with every battle. I even encourage them to reach out to a mod for an extra FVC spot. BUT... I don't know if you noticed but they're both still pretty fresh to the site. Everyone in the FVC right now has been doing this shit for 2+ years minimum. Yes i know it's not about tenure... but its a bit unfair to discredit experience as just popularity.

Second, as for counting votes i personally said in my campaign for FVC that I would hit votes in the FVC thread and tourneys, then dip into open battles on my own time and free will. I've been considering dropping more fairs on opens for the sites sake in itself. If you want to burn me at the stake for not being head over heels for voting on someone's 15th snipe of the month without them asking me... fine. Lol But counting everyone's votes is something the mods specifically didn't want to encourage in regards to FVC.

I'm glad you brought up these points because it's made me reflect on my voting count and site standing. I'll consider "pumping those numbers up" wolf of wall street style but I just rather not repeat the "FVC bad" cycle for the 100th. Let's be real... Ricky left because 3 dudes haven't been voting enough? Really? Lol I'm sure the other 100 members on here could've lent us a hand ya know? but hey... like i said, my b.
Unread 05-03-2020, 10:29 PM   #9

GOOD GRIEF
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 8 audio / 155 text
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan™ View Post
The FVC needs to step it up.

Personally, I personally believe Letsbeef keeps making the same mistakes and voting people into these groups via polls and popularity contests, and who we think in the moment deserves to be there.

Not knocking the current members, but FVC selections would have been better if mods never advertised for it, and instead sat back and watched who was the most active and detailed with their votes. What I'm saying is backed by facts.

Only 1 of the FVC has over 10 votes since being inducted, and the top 4 voters of the site (Obviously Saaxxx with over 100 votes) aren't FVC members.

Rickey Lahey just quit because of a lack of voting. I hate to be "that" dude but I'm a longtime FVC member and I don't like what its become.
Saii I'm glad youre taking a more diplomatic approach in the threads but this was pretty much a callout. Lol but I'll bite

First, if the people had no say about FVC it would probably be left to mod decision. Thing is... whenever mods start making too many decisions people start belly aching about democracy and what not but hey, i see your point. But the popularity aspect isn't all that fair. "Popular" members earned their popularity through good battling, experience, voting, and an overall solid standing in the sites eyes. They earned that. I recognize guys like Saax and Rick who show great initiative in voting and skill improvement with every battle. I even encourage them to reach out to a mod for an extra FVC spot. BUT... I don't know if you noticed but they're both still pretty fresh to the site. Everyone in the FVC right now has been doing this shit for 2+ years minimum. Yes i know it's not about tenure... but its a bit unfair to discredit experience as just popularity.

Second, as for counting votes i personally said in my campaign for FVC that I would hit votes in the FVC thread and tourneys, then dip into open battles on my own time and free will. I've been considering dropping more fairs on opens for the sites sake in itself. If you want to burn me at the stake for not being head over heels for voting on someone's 15th snipe of the month without them asking me... fine. Lol But counting everyone's votes is something the mods specifically didn't want to encourage in regards to FVC.

I'm glad you brought up these points because it's made me reflect on my voting count and site standing. I'll consider "pumping those numbers up" wolf of wall street style but I just rather not repeat the "FVC bad" cycle for the 100th. Let's be real... Ricky left because 3 dudes haven't been voting enough? Really? Lol I'm sure the other 100 members on here could've lent us a hand ya know? but hey... like i said, my b.