View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2019, 01:52 PM
S A L T
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 2 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
181 Won / 32 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

I mean it is taste 'n preferences no matter how you phrase it. So Ima be the geezer here lol

I think most of the mainstream artists right now, specifically trap, are overrated. Music relies heavily on trends—shit is changing by the decades—but I'm waiting for soulful/funky type shit to make a comeback. I think the current trap phase will be remembered as a lower point in hip hop history overall (& I could be wrong) but I personally don't really vibe with it.

It doesn't feel genuine. And it's lazy lol. Lyrics/themes/etc. aside, I can't even dance to the stuff without feeling just weird. It deadass feels like they're simply selling the trend not making art, like it feels corny at this point. But it's probably just more niche than other eras have been. But imo if music should be judged, it should be on how big of an audience you can touch and how long that touch can last.

I personally think Chance (aside from most of his last album) is one of the better and more consistent lyricists, with solid delivery, feel good vibes, and that shelf value with timeless themes that connect with wide varieties of people living all sorts of lifestyles. Even so I thought Mac Miller was hella overrated until Swimming came out—that album was amazing. Kanye hits all those points that's why he's such a central/lasting figure.

I am coming around to some trap artists/songs but it's on a real hit or miss basis. If the shit gets my head nodding I obviously like it but that shit actually rarely happens now-a-days aside from new Ye or Pusha releases and random ass cats I find on Spotfiy hahah.

I think Logic, MGK, G Eazy, etc. (like Auto said) are all pretty corny too. They kind of just seem like high school rappers that made it which is probably exactly what they are.

i told you stoy was handsome

Last edited by S A L T; 12-29-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Unread 12-29-2019, 01:52 PM   #16

S A L T
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 2 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
181 Won / 32 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 926 text
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)

I mean it is taste 'n preferences no matter how you phrase it. So Ima be the geezer here lol

I think most of the mainstream artists right now, specifically trap, are overrated. Music relies heavily on trends—shit is changing by the decades—but I'm waiting for soulful/funky type shit to make a comeback. I think the current trap phase will be remembered as a lower point in hip hop history overall (& I could be wrong) but I personally don't really vibe with it.

It doesn't feel genuine. And it's lazy lol. Lyrics/themes/etc. aside, I can't even dance to the stuff without feeling just weird. It deadass feels like they're simply selling the trend not making art, like it feels corny at this point. But it's probably just more niche than other eras have been. But imo if music should be judged, it should be on how big of an audience you can touch and how long that touch can last.

I personally think Chance (aside from most of his last album) is one of the better and more consistent lyricists, with solid delivery, feel good vibes, and that shelf value with timeless themes that connect with wide varieties of people living all sorts of lifestyles. Even so I thought Mac Miller was hella overrated until Swimming came out—that album was amazing. Kanye hits all those points that's why he's such a central/lasting figure.

I am coming around to some trap artists/songs but it's on a real hit or miss basis. If the shit gets my head nodding I obviously like it but that shit actually rarely happens now-a-days aside from new Ye or Pusha releases and random ass cats I find on Spotfiy hahah.

I think Logic, MGK, G Eazy, etc. (like Auto said) are all pretty corny too. They kind of just seem like high school rappers that made it which is probably exactly what they are.

i told you stoy was handsome

Last edited by S A L T; 12-29-2019 at 01:57 PM.