View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Lockhart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ill Phenom: I felt like your verse had a nice flow going along with the story you chose to go with here, but I also felt that in some places, the switching of rhymes schemes from larger to smaller schemes hurt the flow and the pace I had going in my head, so I would say, in the future, be wary of that as it could possibly effect the tone of your verse, as well.

Insuppressible: I liked the angle that you were going with here, but I feel that you had the same issues as Phe in a lot of spots in your verse. I wasn't a big fan of some of the vocabulary used in some spots, either, as I felt that really threw off the flow of your verse and made it more difficult for you to get it back.

Overall, I feel this was a fairly solid topical battle. Both knew what they were doing here and did fairly well with the topic given, but I feel like it ultimately comes down to the strength in which both ended their verses because I felt ones ending resonated more so than the others did, which is not discrediting one, but it could have been made to be stronger.

My Winner Is: @Ill Phenom
Unread 03-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #4

Lockhart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ill Phenom: I felt like your verse had a nice flow going along with the story you chose to go with here, but I also felt that in some places, the switching of rhymes schemes from larger to smaller schemes hurt the flow and the pace I had going in my head, so I would say, in the future, be wary of that as it could possibly effect the tone of your verse, as well.

Insuppressible: I liked the angle that you were going with here, but I feel that you had the same issues as Phe in a lot of spots in your verse. I wasn't a big fan of some of the vocabulary used in some spots, either, as I felt that really threw off the flow of your verse and made it more difficult for you to get it back.

Overall, I feel this was a fairly solid topical battle. Both knew what they were doing here and did fairly well with the topic given, but I feel like it ultimately comes down to the strength in which both ended their verses because I felt ones ending resonated more so than the others did, which is not discrediting one, but it could have been made to be stronger.

My Winner Is: @Ill Phenom