View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:24 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
i feel like something very simple is being overcomplicated here

obviously anything goes within the battle box.

but in the forums you cannot fabricate a cheating accusation about someone out of thin air and be able to get away with it. cases like damosth8d where he called out phil for a similar line.. and was actually able to PRESENT 2 similar lines are 1 thing... thats a case with some actual evidence that can be discussed. im talkin people who just bring shit up with NOTHING to back it, that should be infractable because it can hurt peoples rep. whether it can be proven or not is irrelevant. if sandusky somehow got cleared of all his charges.... would u be cool letting him watch your 10 year old son? probably not. evidence has very little influence on if someone believes something or not. if someone makes a thread claiming someone is a cheater that isnt... that could potentially be very damaging to their rep and the person who made the thread should get punished

not even sure how this subject is debatable
Let me put this in another perspective. There are people in the United States who claim Barack Obama is not a U.S. citizen and has falsified his documents. That's an accusation that has the potential to tarnish his reputation. Some of these Birthers have "evidence" to back up their claim, some do not and simply don't like him for whatever reason. Should these people be arrested or otherwise punished for making these potentially damaging accusations?
Personally, I think the Birthers are idiots. But I also think they should be allowed to make those accusations that I deem false because there's this thing called Freedom of Speech. To punish them would be censorship.
That's the same way I feel about people making false accusations of cheating on LB. Whoever makes such a false accusation is an idiot...but I'm concerned that adding an infraction for such a thing could be abused in the future, would stiffle certain forms of expression and may deter some people who have legitimate claims from making it known.
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #25

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
i feel like something very simple is being overcomplicated here

obviously anything goes within the battle box.

but in the forums you cannot fabricate a cheating accusation about someone out of thin air and be able to get away with it. cases like damosth8d where he called out phil for a similar line.. and was actually able to PRESENT 2 similar lines are 1 thing... thats a case with some actual evidence that can be discussed. im talkin people who just bring shit up with NOTHING to back it, that should be infractable because it can hurt peoples rep. whether it can be proven or not is irrelevant. if sandusky somehow got cleared of all his charges.... would u be cool letting him watch your 10 year old son? probably not. evidence has very little influence on if someone believes something or not. if someone makes a thread claiming someone is a cheater that isnt... that could potentially be very damaging to their rep and the person who made the thread should get punished

not even sure how this subject is debatable
Let me put this in another perspective. There are people in the United States who claim Barack Obama is not a U.S. citizen and has falsified his documents. That's an accusation that has the potential to tarnish his reputation. Some of these Birthers have "evidence" to back up their claim, some do not and simply don't like him for whatever reason. Should these people be arrested or otherwise punished for making these potentially damaging accusations?
Personally, I think the Birthers are idiots. But I also think they should be allowed to make those accusations that I deem false because there's this thing called Freedom of Speech. To punish them would be censorship.
That's the same way I feel about people making false accusations of cheating on LB. Whoever makes such a false accusation is an idiot...but I'm concerned that adding an infraction for such a thing could be abused in the future, would stiffle certain forms of expression and may deter some people who have legitimate claims from making it known.