View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2020, 01:42 AM
Charan
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhMAZING View Post
That's because more than half this site has been here That long, Activity in this site ebbs and flows... Sometimes it's dead, sometimes it's really active. Right now just happens to be a time that a lot of Old heads came back and are here to make a point. All the newer people here that have less than 3 years under their belt might think all the HOF nominations are unfair but these people put in work for Along time to get that status.
I hear you, and I'm not saying it's unfair. If you earned your stripes, you earned your stripes. No dispute there. However, Hall of Fame is a coveted, very serious thing everywhere else on earth. It's not simply a "Oh you've been here long enough, and did good at battling, and contributed...you deserve Hall of Fame..." It shouldn't be that simple. And if we're being honest, we should EXPECT that of everybody as it is. That shouldn't be something that gets you HOF.

Keep this up and literally half of the site will be Hall of Fame. And mark my words, after that it's only a matter of time before CURRENT Hall of Fame members start to feel like the golden name and its value is diminished.
Unread 04-12-2020, 01:42 AM   #19

Charan
Estimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 13 audio / 126 text
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhMAZING View Post
That's because more than half this site has been here That long, Activity in this site ebbs and flows... Sometimes it's dead, sometimes it's really active. Right now just happens to be a time that a lot of Old heads came back and are here to make a point. All the newer people here that have less than 3 years under their belt might think all the HOF nominations are unfair but these people put in work for Along time to get that status.
I hear you, and I'm not saying it's unfair. If you earned your stripes, you earned your stripes. No dispute there. However, Hall of Fame is a coveted, very serious thing everywhere else on earth. It's not simply a "Oh you've been here long enough, and did good at battling, and contributed...you deserve Hall of Fame..." It shouldn't be that simple. And if we're being honest, we should EXPECT that of everybody as it is. That shouldn't be something that gets you HOF.

Keep this up and literally half of the site will be Hall of Fame. And mark my words, after that it's only a matter of time before CURRENT Hall of Fame members start to feel like the golden name and its value is diminished.