View Single Post
Unread 10-04-2019, 02:50 AM
REZN
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost
Default Should moderators participate in their own tournaments and contests?

I'm a firm believer that mods on the site should play a supporting role, opposed to an inclusive role. By that, I mean that moderators probably shouldn't be active battlers. And even if they are actively battling, shouldn't participate in the events, or tournaments that they're hosting.

But, I'm curious how the rest of the userbase views this. Is there a conflict of interest? Is there no conflict of interest? Is there a gray area? And if so, what?

Edit: I fucked up the poll options. Fix below. Lol.

Should moderators participate in their own tournaments and events?

Yes, it presents no conflict of interest.

No, it presents a conflict of interest.

Last edited by REZN; 10-04-2019 at 03:08 AM.
Unread 10-04-2019, 02:50 AM   #1

REZN
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 1 audio / 54 text
Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default Should moderators participate in their own tournaments and contests?

I'm a firm believer that mods on the site should play a supporting role, opposed to an inclusive role. By that, I mean that moderators probably shouldn't be active battlers. And even if they are actively battling, shouldn't participate in the events, or tournaments that they're hosting.

But, I'm curious how the rest of the userbase views this. Is there a conflict of interest? Is there no conflict of interest? Is there a gray area? And if so, what?

Edit: I fucked up the poll options. Fix below. Lol.

Should moderators participate in their own tournaments and events?

Yes, it presents no conflict of interest.

No, it presents a conflict of interest.

Last edited by REZN; 10-04-2019 at 03:08 AM.