View Single Post
Unread 07-11-2019, 06:15 AM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG The Prince View Post
Sitting in the Hall of Fame yeeeh, and the whole of LB will know ya name
I listened to that song for the first time in months literally 2 minutes before reading this lmaooooo

But in all seriousness, I don't think there's an objective measure of HOF worthiness. At the time he was inducted, Boro had no titles or accolades or anything. Despite that, imo he's one of the worthiest HOFers on the whole site and I think his recent accomplishments just go to prove that. I think that if the majority of people that were around at the same time as a person believe they are worthy of HOF, that is what makes them worthy. The problem is, most of the people from the eras when most HOFers were active aren't here any more.

The biggest problem with the HOF is that there is a lack of clarity. There has never been an official process for determining which nominations succeed; in fact, there's barely been a de facto method that's stayed consistent. I don't think we'll be able to overhaul the HOF to properly reflect the distant past (barring a sudden return of all the old, old, old heads); so instead I think we should focus on shoring it up and getting an official process so that we can get it right for the recent past, the present and the future.
Unread 07-11-2019, 06:15 AM   #4

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG The Prince View Post
Sitting in the Hall of Fame yeeeh, and the whole of LB will know ya name
I listened to that song for the first time in months literally 2 minutes before reading this lmaooooo

But in all seriousness, I don't think there's an objective measure of HOF worthiness. At the time he was inducted, Boro had no titles or accolades or anything. Despite that, imo he's one of the worthiest HOFers on the whole site and I think his recent accomplishments just go to prove that. I think that if the majority of people that were around at the same time as a person believe they are worthy of HOF, that is what makes them worthy. The problem is, most of the people from the eras when most HOFers were active aren't here any more.

The biggest problem with the HOF is that there is a lack of clarity. There has never been an official process for determining which nominations succeed; in fact, there's barely been a de facto method that's stayed consistent. I don't think we'll be able to overhaul the HOF to properly reflect the distant past (barring a sudden return of all the old, old, old heads); so instead I think we should focus on shoring it up and getting an official process so that we can get it right for the recent past, the present and the future.