View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2014, 10:30 PM
lllllllllllll
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
1. In just 2 months of being a mod, which ended in being being banned, I was voted like 3 off of being Staff Member of the Year, losing out to NOBLE (the best staff member the site has ever had). If in 2 months I could trump every other mod on the site, then what can the staff do in a year? Moderating means fuck all when there's nothing to moderate. The staff needs to give people a reason to be here.

2. If I host a live event in Scotland, will you come?

3. Pugz is reinvesting money into the site, in order for it to be successful which in turn will bring in a profit. I don't think simple business is a respectable trait.

4. They aren't HUGE names though. Perhaps you mean huge for us. The thing that gets me a bit is....where's the LB guys? If you could somehow get OUR battlers in there, it'd be absolutely amazing for the site. As it stands...it just kind of sounds like we're putting all the work in for advertising. Hopefully the guys join the site though and it proves to be successful. It's still a great accomplishment regardless to pull off an event like this so I don't want to put a single bit of negativity onto it. Just remember it's not the only thing on LB. I guarantee I could bring more active members to the site through topicals than live battles.

5. Okay, we need a coder? Pugz is putting up a "generous donation" towards the live event.....why aren't we just hiring a coder instead?

6. Because the site is a hobby, going to an event is real life.

7. There is NO team effort from Denton and V3numb, don't even joke about it. And I don't have any doubt that you'll be a full mod at all. After all, to become a forum mod...you asked for it and got it within an hour. Democracy bitch.

8. Oh, so it makes sense. I'm not WANTED to contribute. Gotcha. And here was me thinking it was petty and stupid.

9. That right there is why I can't help the site? It might seem pointless to you, but me and the guys didn't get this patriarch title for nothing. Guys like me, Teek, RULE, Mindless etc. are why LB even kept going. More so to them because they did things behind the scenes for longer, but just because you're interested in helping for 5 minutes you think that's the only important thing? I've helped the site for years, I've brought people here, I've kept it interesting, I've helped develop new battlers (Fiji Osa being a nobody pre-DPS for example) and then countless ideas being implemented pre-Pugz. The reason I can't help the site is because everything I say gets passed off because it's not sucking someone's dick to get a mod spot.

So you're saying BEFORE the stuff happens, we need new members? Fuck that. Back in the day I used to spam LB on every single instrumental. Every single guy I knew on Bebo got told to join here. Why would I keep doing this if absolutely fuck all has changed? People don't want to stay on LB. The entire site is demotivated. Until this "coming soon" bullshit turns into "It's here", I and no one else gives a fuck about the promises.

No, I'm not willing to step away from the computer, because this is an internet website. I know for an absolute fact that within a year I could put LB to where it was in at the very least 2009 (2006 was an exceptional year for the site that no one an really replicate). Until changes start happening, none of us are interested in helping. You can act like you're doing loads, and that I should be positive and help with this live battling right? You do know the topical final, which has seen hundreds of battles play out and like 30 new members to site, has been open for around 2 weeks and even included an announcement yeah? You're interested in your stuff, I'm interested in mine.
Everything here..
Unread 08-13-2014, 10:30 PM   #69

lllllllllllll

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
1. In just 2 months of being a mod, which ended in being being banned, I was voted like 3 off of being Staff Member of the Year, losing out to NOBLE (the best staff member the site has ever had). If in 2 months I could trump every other mod on the site, then what can the staff do in a year? Moderating means fuck all when there's nothing to moderate. The staff needs to give people a reason to be here.

2. If I host a live event in Scotland, will you come?

3. Pugz is reinvesting money into the site, in order for it to be successful which in turn will bring in a profit. I don't think simple business is a respectable trait.

4. They aren't HUGE names though. Perhaps you mean huge for us. The thing that gets me a bit is....where's the LB guys? If you could somehow get OUR battlers in there, it'd be absolutely amazing for the site. As it stands...it just kind of sounds like we're putting all the work in for advertising. Hopefully the guys join the site though and it proves to be successful. It's still a great accomplishment regardless to pull off an event like this so I don't want to put a single bit of negativity onto it. Just remember it's not the only thing on LB. I guarantee I could bring more active members to the site through topicals than live battles.

5. Okay, we need a coder? Pugz is putting up a "generous donation" towards the live event.....why aren't we just hiring a coder instead?

6. Because the site is a hobby, going to an event is real life.

7. There is NO team effort from Denton and V3numb, don't even joke about it. And I don't have any doubt that you'll be a full mod at all. After all, to become a forum mod...you asked for it and got it within an hour. Democracy bitch.

8. Oh, so it makes sense. I'm not WANTED to contribute. Gotcha. And here was me thinking it was petty and stupid.

9. That right there is why I can't help the site? It might seem pointless to you, but me and the guys didn't get this patriarch title for nothing. Guys like me, Teek, RULE, Mindless etc. are why LB even kept going. More so to them because they did things behind the scenes for longer, but just because you're interested in helping for 5 minutes you think that's the only important thing? I've helped the site for years, I've brought people here, I've kept it interesting, I've helped develop new battlers (Fiji Osa being a nobody pre-DPS for example) and then countless ideas being implemented pre-Pugz. The reason I can't help the site is because everything I say gets passed off because it's not sucking someone's dick to get a mod spot.

So you're saying BEFORE the stuff happens, we need new members? Fuck that. Back in the day I used to spam LB on every single instrumental. Every single guy I knew on Bebo got told to join here. Why would I keep doing this if absolutely fuck all has changed? People don't want to stay on LB. The entire site is demotivated. Until this "coming soon" bullshit turns into "It's here", I and no one else gives a fuck about the promises.

No, I'm not willing to step away from the computer, because this is an internet website. I know for an absolute fact that within a year I could put LB to where it was in at the very least 2009 (2006 was an exceptional year for the site that no one an really replicate). Until changes start happening, none of us are interested in helping. You can act like you're doing loads, and that I should be positive and help with this live battling right? You do know the topical final, which has seen hundreds of battles play out and like 30 new members to site, has been open for around 2 weeks and even included an announcement yeah? You're interested in your stuff, I'm interested in mine.
Everything here..