View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2018, 02:38 PM
EtH
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llllllllll View Post
Uh oh, the guy who watched all of 15 boxing matches is giving his opinion. {No debates allowed.}
Yeah man I don't know anything about combat sports.

//Is a professional combat sports writer.

That being said I've probably only watched about 5 of Deontay's last 12. I was hugely on the train up until the Harrison fight but that's around the time I phased away from boxing a little bit. With his height, and the fact that at the time he'd knocked everyone out, he was everyone's favourite to topple to Klitschkos but in typical boxing fashion he spent soooo long building up.

AJ handled getting dropped by Wlad well so I think he's not one of those dominant fighters who gets their confidence shook from adversity.

Both of them should absolutely wreck Fury though. Fury is a good fighter but people forget that he's been dropped at European level. You put him in there with a tall dude who's coming in there specifically trying to knock you out, and he's way too hittable. Wilder and Joshua is the much better fight. It also gives us the possibility that someone gets knocked out. Neither man is a master of defence. We've seen AJ rocked, Wilder has barely any defence as it is and acts like his promoter is world star. It's some interesting shit.

Last edited by EtH; 07-23-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Unread 07-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #6

EtH

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llllllllll View Post
Uh oh, the guy who watched all of 15 boxing matches is giving his opinion. {No debates allowed.}
Yeah man I don't know anything about combat sports.

//Is a professional combat sports writer.

That being said I've probably only watched about 5 of Deontay's last 12. I was hugely on the train up until the Harrison fight but that's around the time I phased away from boxing a little bit. With his height, and the fact that at the time he'd knocked everyone out, he was everyone's favourite to topple to Klitschkos but in typical boxing fashion he spent soooo long building up.

AJ handled getting dropped by Wlad well so I think he's not one of those dominant fighters who gets their confidence shook from adversity.

Both of them should absolutely wreck Fury though. Fury is a good fighter but people forget that he's been dropped at European level. You put him in there with a tall dude who's coming in there specifically trying to knock you out, and he's way too hittable. Wilder and Joshua is the much better fight. It also gives us the possibility that someone gets knocked out. Neither man is a master of defence. We've seen AJ rocked, Wilder has barely any defence as it is and acts like his promoter is world star. It's some interesting shit.

Last edited by EtH; 07-23-2018 at 02:43 PM.