Thread: Mod = Battle
View Single Post
Unread 02-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Locchart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
For the most part, this has been true. Becoming a mod does either one of two things (for the most part, but not always): 1) the person continues being an active battler and their newfound colored name and status catapults them into winning titles they had never won before either because people are scared to vote against them or they start to rate them higher than they would've before the colored name or a combination. 2) the person becomes less active in the battle arena and sometimes even less active on the site as a whole because modding is not really for them and they don't know how to give it up and go back to being a "regular" member on the site
I can't really speak for anyone else because I'm not as familiar with a lot of the new would-be mods, but for Lockhart (Rieper), I would argue this is not the case. First, he's already been a mod before, and he remained active in battling before, during, and after his mod tenure. Second, he already has a shitload of titles, so he's not someone who needs to use being a mod to kickstart his title run.
I'm not sure how you would define "effective", but I would say that Lockhart was a very active mod. Wasn't the most technical in terms of using the back-end of vBulletin, but very active (the lack of vBulletin knowledge is an easy fix). He also has one of the best work ethics of anyone I've seen on this site. For example, I can't think of a tournament he's ever signed up for where he no-showed. That same work ethic and commitment is what you would get if he became a mod. So I would definitely recommend Lockhart mod if the site needs it and if he wants it.
Preciate the endorsement @NOBLE.
Unread 02-23-2020, 10:49 AM   #28

Locchart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
For the most part, this has been true. Becoming a mod does either one of two things (for the most part, but not always): 1) the person continues being an active battler and their newfound colored name and status catapults them into winning titles they had never won before either because people are scared to vote against them or they start to rate them higher than they would've before the colored name or a combination. 2) the person becomes less active in the battle arena and sometimes even less active on the site as a whole because modding is not really for them and they don't know how to give it up and go back to being a "regular" member on the site
I can't really speak for anyone else because I'm not as familiar with a lot of the new would-be mods, but for Lockhart (Rieper), I would argue this is not the case. First, he's already been a mod before, and he remained active in battling before, during, and after his mod tenure. Second, he already has a shitload of titles, so he's not someone who needs to use being a mod to kickstart his title run.
I'm not sure how you would define "effective", but I would say that Lockhart was a very active mod. Wasn't the most technical in terms of using the back-end of vBulletin, but very active (the lack of vBulletin knowledge is an easy fix). He also has one of the best work ethics of anyone I've seen on this site. For example, I can't think of a tournament he's ever signed up for where he no-showed. That same work ethic and commitment is what you would get if he became a mod. So I would definitely recommend Lockhart mod if the site needs it and if he wants it.
Preciate the endorsement @NOBLE.