View Single Post
Unread 12-11-2019, 12:56 PM
Enfinite
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
"I've decided to post it publicly to get the community involved" - The guy who asked to demod me for posting things publicly to get the community involved.

While the idea is alright, I'll give you my personal perspective. I was really active in voting last month. Work has taken over a bit this month so I've been posting a little bit. The forums have got me interested in tournaments and Illmania 5. I'm excited about battling. If you took that away, I genuinely wouldn't give a fuck about the site. Right now I can post some shit during work and submit a verse when I have time. I can't sit down, read and comment a vote. Its too much work during working hours. It would essentially make someone like me simply not be involved on the site.
I'm gonna Co-Sign this.

My only hiccup is this, will required voting for forum access inevitably cause lower quality voting?
I think there's a possibility of members throwing out quick votes just to gain their access back rather than actually taking time to vote and leave meaningful feedback.
Unread 12-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #5

Enfinite

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
"I've decided to post it publicly to get the community involved" - The guy who asked to demod me for posting things publicly to get the community involved.

While the idea is alright, I'll give you my personal perspective. I was really active in voting last month. Work has taken over a bit this month so I've been posting a little bit. The forums have got me interested in tournaments and Illmania 5. I'm excited about battling. If you took that away, I genuinely wouldn't give a fuck about the site. Right now I can post some shit during work and submit a verse when I have time. I can't sit down, read and comment a vote. Its too much work during working hours. It would essentially make someone like me simply not be involved on the site.
I'm gonna Co-Sign this.

My only hiccup is this, will required voting for forum access inevitably cause lower quality voting?
I think there's a possibility of members throwing out quick votes just to gain their access back rather than actually taking time to vote and leave meaningful feedback.