View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2020, 07:23 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
What do you think about HOF Having a points system?
I think the problem with having a cut-and-dry points system is that every era has been wildly different as far as how easy points would have been to earn. I think something like HOF needs to be subjective.

For instance, Bobby Milk's induction page is all about how he was a marquee battler who was wildly famous and memorable at the time he was active. If we say for argument's sake this is true, I think this would make him worthy of HOF, because in his era there were very few tournaments, and most of the site's key activity seemed to happen in the basic arena. Conversely, in our current era tournaments are way more common and have become basically the only competitive part of the site where serious battles everyone takes seriously go down (with the possible exception of the PPV cards). Anyone qualifying for HOF from our era would have to have won multiple titles to be taken seriously at all qualifying. Edgeworth has already got more titles than DaDDiO and Illimit put together, and while he's future HOF in my eyes he definitely hasn't done enough yet, although DaDDiO and Illimit are two of the most clear-cut Hall of Famers you can imagine.

I do think the HOF needs a more transparent and structured approach though. Is it for the people who have had the most memorable impact on the site? The people who have had the most success? The people who have written the best bars of their time?
Unread 01-21-2020, 07:23 PM   #6

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
What do you think about HOF Having a points system?
I think the problem with having a cut-and-dry points system is that every era has been wildly different as far as how easy points would have been to earn. I think something like HOF needs to be subjective.

For instance, Bobby Milk's induction page is all about how he was a marquee battler who was wildly famous and memorable at the time he was active. If we say for argument's sake this is true, I think this would make him worthy of HOF, because in his era there were very few tournaments, and most of the site's key activity seemed to happen in the basic arena. Conversely, in our current era tournaments are way more common and have become basically the only competitive part of the site where serious battles everyone takes seriously go down (with the possible exception of the PPV cards). Anyone qualifying for HOF from our era would have to have won multiple titles to be taken seriously at all qualifying. Edgeworth has already got more titles than DaDDiO and Illimit put together, and while he's future HOF in my eyes he definitely hasn't done enough yet, although DaDDiO and Illimit are two of the most clear-cut Hall of Famers you can imagine.

I do think the HOF needs a more transparent and structured approach though. Is it for the people who have had the most memorable impact on the site? The people who have had the most success? The people who have written the best bars of their time?